Auto-EQ tuning with REW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just bought 1 miniDSP balanced kit + 4x10 plug-in to run Auto-EQ tuning with REW, I have several questions:

I have micro ECM8000 & external soundcard M-Audio MobilePre USB with all cables to connect are both OK or I need other hardware?

The software for Windows XP/Vista I need?
-REW V5
-Adobe Air environment
-Net 3.5 environment

Wich voltage & current draws the miniDSP balanced kit?

My understanding is that you only need an SPL meter if you want a calibrated absolute SPL level on your FR plots. I accept that most people like this.
The way I do it is just read the FR data as +/- x dB from the peak.
I really don't care what absolute dB level I've measured, what I do care is how many dB is that mid-bass peak above the average.
I enter an educated guess for the SPL cal in REW

My understanding is that you only need an SPL meter if you want a calibrated absolute SPL level on your FR plots. I accept that most people like this.
The way I do it is just read the FR data as +/- x dB from the peak.
I really don't care what absolute dB level I've measured, what I do care is how many dB is that mid-bass peak above the average.
I enter an educated guess for the SPL cal in REW

in this case a mic , soundboard and rew is enough then ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.