USBStreamer multichannel USB audio interface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sure, you can indeed use the USBStreamer as PC based crossover. Been done many times already. Just need a software that's able to output as ASIO or WDM then connect your DACS to the I2S out.That's all. :)

As for the software choice, that's under your responsibility. The features you're looking for (locking on SPDIF, changing coeff, etc..) Not sure if they exist to be honest.. Let us know if you find one that does all of it though. Would be a neat application.

DevTeam
What happen if some xcover s/w e.g ultimate equalizer only support wasapi can it recognizes the usbstreamer, I suspect not. Will it ( Wasapi)be supported by usbstreamer in future?

What happen if some xcover s/w e.g ultimate equalizer only support wasapi can it recognizes the usbstreamer, I suspect not. Will it ( Wasapi)be supported by usbstreamer in future?

Using the v1.65 drivers:

- ASIO capture: one device with 10 Channels (8 * I2S, 2 & SPDIF)

- ASIO render: one device with 10 Channels (8 * I2S, 2 & SPDIF)

- WASAPI capture: one device with 8 Channels I2S, one device with SPDIF 2 channels

- WASAPI render: one device with 8 Channels I2S, one device as SPDIF 2 channels

keep in mind that ASIO & WASAPI may not mixed for capture & rendering.

Hp

Holy !@#$. Can someone please get this into an affordable audio interface or mixer? The only thing that can record multiple tracks out via USB under $300 is the alesis Multitrack 8/16 USB 2.0 versions and they are discontinued. The new versions got rid of that feature and only output in stereo via usb!!! How else is my band going to record all at the same time with everyone getting their own separate track using usb straight to a laptop/DAW?

Using the TOSLINK input, does the USBStreamer perform any resampling on the input, or is it received by the computer exactly at the source rate?

If you are using ASIO as the driver interface, no SR conversion will take place. :D

Using MMS/WDM driver interface, this depends on the used MS Windows OS! :eek:

Using XP there is no issue, but using Windows Vista or newer; SR conversion will NOT happen using WASAPI Exclusive mode. :deer:

Keep in mind that 192kHz input is may not able to sync do the large jitter. May you have to build a pcb using an external SPDIF receiver and feed the master clock and I2S to the USB Streamer. :D

Hp

Keep in mind that 192kHz input is may not able to sync do the large jitter. May you have to build a pcb using an external SPDIF receiver and feed the master clock and I2S to the USB Streamer. :D

I have seen some of such Receivers / Transmitters for USB <-> I2S on ebay, but I wonder if they have better capabilities in Terms of jitter rejection.

I am searching such a device for multichannel USB-> S/PDIF possibly in 192kHz as coax to be used as an ADAT replacement. I know a guy from Germany having done this but he does not sell :-(

Is there any other stable System out?

@ Neil_J,
sorry for missing your post. In answer to your question, no we don't. It's using a 13Mhz oscillator but that 13MHz is only for the USB Phy though. Not for the audio signal.

Future firmware rev will have the ability to input a MCLK if those of you want to input their own MCLK>

Devteam

"Future firmware rev will have the ability to input a MCLK"

Can the USBStreamer accept an external MCLK now?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.