USBStreamer multichannel USB audio interface - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 25th May 2013, 10:14 PM   #31
JensH is offline JensH  Denmark
diyAudio Member

After having replaced the Toslink transmitter and receiver I can answer my own question from #27. With the new devices I am able to make a loop back connection at a sample rate of 192 kHz.

So the XMOS chip and the driver SW seems to be OK.

Although I do think that a better receive circuit with a good PLL would be less critical regarding the quality of the output signal from the Toslink receiver.
Old 27th May 2013, 03:27 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default External power supply

Hi,
I've been using the USBstreamer with a Buffalo 3 DAC. I would like to try using an external power supply for the USBstreamer. I assume that the jumper on the board needs to be removed when using external power. Is this correct? Does this isolate it from the computer power supply? I have searched this forum and the MiniDSP forum and not found any info about this.
Thanks, Mike
Old 30th May 2013, 02:29 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Hi guys!
I would use usbStreamer as pc-based x-over, if possible.
So some software combo should listen to the stereo signal on toslink-IN, then lock on it, load the appropriate FIR-coefficients for that Fs into 8-channel convolver (VST-plugin?), pipe INs into convolver, and output OUTs onto 4* i2s ... Is it possible? What software pipeline / settings to use?

Last edited by Dmitry Nevozhay; 30th May 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:13 AM   #34
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Sure, you can indeed use the USBStreamer as PC based crossover. Been done many times already. Just need a software that's able to output as ASIO or WDM then connect your DACS to the I2S out.That's all. :-)

As for the software choice, that's under your responsibility. The features you're looking for (locking on SPDIF, changing coeff, etc..) Not sure if they exist to be honest.. Let us know if you find one that does all of it though. Would be a neat application.

DevTeam
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:49 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidsp View Post
Sure, you can indeed use the USBStreamer as PC based crossover. Been done many times already. Just need a software :-)
.. Let us know if you find one that does all of it though. Would be a neat application.

DevTeam
That's why i'm asking... I strongly hope that someone has found one that does all of it though... Or at least working combination of several programs...
Old 3rd June 2013, 02:06 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
Hi,
I would like to try using an external power supply for the USBstreamer. I assume that the jumper on the board needs to be removed when using external power. Is this correct? Does this isolate it from the computer power supply?
Thanks, Mike
No comments?

OK, I removed the jumper and the USBstreamer continues to work. So what is the jumper for?
Old 11th September 2013, 08:06 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Does it work with the Pi...?

Hide this!Advertise here!