Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 14th August 2012, 04:15 AM   #11
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

@ BuissonVert, I2C over GPIO could indeed be done but the problem comes that we'd need to figure out a way to let end user enter a subroutine of how that I2C should behave at boot up. There is always going to be a more complex case out there (timing/speed) that would be a limitation. With this said, we could think of it as an upgrade in the future. A good idea.

DevTeam
Old 27th August 2012, 05:24 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I was actually looking for something like this..

Is it possible to tell us the lowest latency settings in asio that you can achieve without crackle... I need 5ms max latency in asio on 4 simultaneous out..
Old 31st August 2012, 01:26 AM   #13
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

Is anyone using this to output 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound audio yet?
Old 6th September 2012, 06:12 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

@ DJNUBZ,

You can see some info on the USBStreamer user manual on how to set it up. There are indeed few of us already using the board for that matter.

Hoping this info helps

DevTeam
Old 30th October 2012, 01:14 AM   #15
Neil_J is offline Neil_J  United States
diyAudio Member

Question - The XMOS reference design uses a 13 MHz pierce oscillator built from discrete parts, and an NC7SZU04 unbuffered logic inverter. Does the MiniDSP USBStreamer use a similar clocking circuit?

I'm interested because the type of circuit directly influences the amount of jitter that may (or may not) be heard.

Thanks!
Old 14th November 2012, 03:15 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

I'm looking to design a standalone multi-track audio player for backing tracks, etc. I'm also a complete novice when it comes to EE. Is it possible to interface the I2S outputs of the USBStreamer to the serial input on a multi-channel DAC like the AD1934?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 7th December 2012, 04:22 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

@ Neil_J,
sorry for missing your post. In answer to your question, no we don't. It's using a 13Mhz oscillator but that 13MHz is only for the USB Phy though. Not for the audio signal.

Future firmware rev will have the ability to input a MCLK if those of you want to input their own MCLK>

Devteam
Old 7th December 2012, 04:24 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

@ mgenerator,

You could indeed do a multitrack player with the USBSTreamer. You'd indeed need some multichannel DAC to connect to the USBStreamer. Choose one that can work as slave with a "hardware mode" i.e. no need for I2C/SPI configuration. If you're not too electronic friendly, maybe easiest to see if you can get some help from someone that has equipment and some knowledge. Though with some reading online, you could figure it out. That's what DIY is about. :-)

DevTeam
Old 22nd December 2012, 04:18 AM   #19
tnargs is offline tnargs  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi, I want to stream multi channel USB audio through USBStreamer and into multiple DACs, but I want to use DACs that take the usual non-I2S inputs (optical or coax or AES/EBU). What do I do?
  • Can the DIGI-FP be used 'backwards' to convert I2S to SPDIF/Toslink/AES-EBU?
  • Maybe I could use four DIGI-FP units to convert the USBStreamer's 8 channels of I2S to SPDIF/Toslink/AES-EBU.... then off to several non-I2S DACs.
cheers
PS I posted this on miniDSP forum but it is pretty quiet there and I am in a bit of a hurry to know so I can order a Christmas gift for myself!
Old 4th January 2013, 04:56 PM   #20
Neil_J is offline Neil_J  United States
diyAudio Member

I got my USBStreamer working last night, with a completely custom ES9023P board:

2011 MINI Cooper CarPC Build - Page 6 - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!