Stereo 3-way with minidigi/minidsp 2x8...minidigi jumper/4x10 routing configuration? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 21st March 2012, 09:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Stereo 3-way with minidigi/minidsp 2x8...minidigi jumper/4x10 routing configuration?

Hi Everyone-

I am in the final stages of my 3-way open baffle prototype and the last stage is to configure my minidsp.

Here is what I want to do:

1. PCM stereo input from source to minidigi
2. Minidigi to minidsp 2x8
3. Stereo 3 way output from minidsp 2x8 (6 channels total)
4. Reference preamp for 6 channel volume control->6 channel amp->stereo 3-way speakers

I am having a hard time understanding which jumpers to use on the minidigi (the stereo 3/4 way downloadable pdf here: http://minidsp.com/images/documents/...figuration.pdf suggests a right and left minidigi for this application yet the page here suggests only one minidigi is required: Stereo 3/4 way Crossover | miniDSP

After reviewing the minidigi manual, I am still not clear on how to extract stereo from toslink input or how to route the input in the 4x10 plug-in. It could be my lack of sleep/late night so my apologies in advance. Has anyone accomplished this and able to share their strategy?

Last edited by architect7; 21st March 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:53 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Okay, I have things up and running now using default jumper settings on the minidigi/minidsp and sending audio via PCM/Toslink #1. But I am still wondering, which channel is considered left and which is right? Is digital input 3 left and digital input 4 right?

Thanks!
Old 23rd March 2012, 07:31 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nevermind, Digital Input 3 is left, Digital Input 4 is right. The system is up and running, what a great product!

Hide this!Advertise here!