DIGI-FP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Indeed, a new board was just posted, announcement in progress.. :)
Note however that it's not a USBStreaming + SPDIF. It's more of a miniDIGI on a front panel (i.e. with AES-EBU though) along with a "USB connector" for the rear panel. i.e. that USB connector is to go to control your miniDSP2x8 hardware. Makes sense?

More info online here: DIGI-FP | miniDSP

Hoping this clarifies.

Devteam

"Note: If you are ordering this product at a later stage (i.e. separate order) to complete an existing miniDSP 2x8/8x8 kit, please make sure to get in touch with our team first to confirm your platform is compatible"

What is it that determines whether an existing board is compatible or not?

@ JohnR,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you... We've missed your post for some reason.
Only the first rev (about 40boards) would require some special connectors. RevB and RevC (latest) would be fine. We'll document with a picture on our website to make sure we properly inform the community. Feel free to contact us if you want a confirmation.

DevTeam

Hi Minidsp team,

Is this piece of gear usable as a converter spdif / optical to AES/Abu to be build in to my Behringer DCX2496?

Thank you
Peter

Unfortunately, unless you have a microcontroller able to control that unit,it won't be able to. For an SPDIF to AES-EBU, easiest is to get one of the Neutrik transformer piece. Google for Neutrik AES-EBU converter.

DevTeam

So the DIGI-FP has one AES/EBU input, one SPDIF input and one TOS input? And the same complement as outputs?

I'm aware that with the MINI-DIGI I could have an analog input to the 2x8 looped back out via I2S to the MINI-DIGI and then available as a selectable input on the MINI-DIGI to go back to the 2x8 via I2S. Is this possible with the DIGI-FP?

I want to be able to select between an SPDIF source, the USB streamer and an analog source. If it requires that I have multiple presets on the 2x8 set up, I'm happy to do that, but I need to know if I can loop I2S in and out of the DIGI-FP so that SPDIF and the USB streamer are both available as inputs.

Thanks guys, your support is beyond reproach and the product is just incredible value.

--lyndon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.