I already have a very good DAC, how do I use this with the MiniDSP?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a miniDSP 2x4 owner here, but I think even with I2S in/out, I think there will be resampling to 24 bit, 48KHz too.

I'm currently using the "2x4" as EQ for a Bose 901 (+ room correction) so my audio standards are not the highest :)
A bit off topic , but could you post your eq curve for the 901(which series do you have .) . I've been using my 2x4 for the same purpose with a pair of 901 ii

Thanks

SQ resampling

mini divi ? probably a typo :confused:

The samplerate of the DSP is defined by the plugin and the miniDIGI will resample to the samplerate of the DSP/plugin.
That's 48kHz for all 2x4 platform plugins and the 10x10 plugin of 2x8 platform and it's 96kHz for the 4x10 plugin on miniDSP 2x8 and nanoDIGI.

Hi Curry

Thanks to confirm. I guess the more the SW is complex, the more CPU is used which limits the usable sampling rate... I was informed btw by MiniDSP that they might have 192kHz for the nanoDIGI in the future, and that FIR is not available on the nano DIGI, only SHARC and OpenDRC.

Can someone explain me the effects (measurements and SQ) not to work at a multiple of 44.1 ? are some samples lost or some jitter appear ? Is it audible ? (a transparency check could probably done with the board inserted with no EQ or compensated EQ)

Jean-Louis

If you want to do I2S OUT, it's much easier to use the miniSHARC in this case. It was designed to be I2S IN/OUT. So no need to worry about the interfacing with the Buffalo. An adaptor card for miniSHARC to Buffalo III is actually in the works. We'll announce that soon :)

Devteam

Just curious what ever happened to this adapter card? Almost a year later now and still nothing that I see? Still considering this approach for my car Android front end especially since android now supports the XMOS USB to I2s interfaces natively.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.