minidsp or dcx2496? First time user - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 25th January 2012, 11:43 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

That's complicated options... If you want to keep it simple, cheap and efficient, you can use 3 stereo linear pots (the longest models are better) that move together with a piece of wood. This is more than elementary I guess.
On this pic, the pots are on the amps face plate because these amps are in a common rack. It's a bad option because it uses more cable length. If I had to do it again, I would put them directly on the top of the DCX, between the output stage and the XLR with a little surgery of the top plate.

Trims can be needed if the amps have different sensitivities. Keep in mind that for the best of the bits integrity , the digital levels of the outputs have to be at 0 dB if possible.

This said, I run a tweaked DCX, I'm satisfied with it. But if I had to start again, I probably would go to the 2x8 mini DSP with the digital input module. It's more in the DIY spirit with a still better flexibility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _RAT7976.jpg (35.5 KB, 409 views)
Old 26th January 2012, 01:52 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Cool! Have you checked to see how closely each pair stays with the others as far as level matching? Interesting idea......

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
Old 26th January 2012, 02:42 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

I've been testing with the multimeter, it's acceptable. One thing to check before buying is that they must have a protection against dust. But the mechanical part has to be well done, the piece of wood must stay horizontal.

Hide this!Advertise here!