minidsp or dcx2496? First time user

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's complicated options... If you want to keep it simple, cheap and efficient, you can use 3 stereo linear pots (the longest models are better) that move together with a piece of wood. This is more than elementary I guess.
On this pic, the pots are on the amps face plate because these amps are in a common rack. It's a bad option because it uses more cable length. If I had to do it again, I would put them directly on the top of the DCX, between the output stage and the XLR with a little surgery of the top plate.

Trims can be needed if the amps have different sensitivities. Keep in mind that for the best of the bits integrity , the digital levels of the outputs have to be at 0 dB if possible.

This said, I run a tweaked DCX, I'm satisfied with it. But if I had to start again, I probably would go to the 2x8 mini DSP with the digital input module. It's more in the DIY spirit with a still better flexibility.

Attachments

• _RAT7976.jpg
    _RAT7976.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 552
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.