audiophile sound from miniDSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I've done speaker and room equalization in two steps:
1st: Development of crossover and EQ for speaker under free field conditions. I have access to a annechoic chamber ;-), but real free field (garden) or in room measurement with impulse response windowing works well too. Besides the on axis response also the directivity of the speaker (power spectrum) should be taken into account.
2nd: In room measurement. Mic should generally be placed at the head position, however it is recommended to vary the mic position and to equalize the averaged frequency response of several mic positions.
Needless to say that before doing room EQ it is worth optimizing the acoustic properties of the room itself (absorbing material, bookshelf, furnishing,...). Iva recently learned this in my living room, which is quite reverberant: equalizimg improved the situation a little bit, but the overall sound of the complete system (that played very good in another room) is quite bad

i´m buying the new 10x10 (in a box) with that bord it´s possible to use the spdif in and 4 channel anolog out , correct ?

Yes no problem to do so. Note that as per our previous post, you may as well go for the 4x10Hd since you don't plan to use the 8 x Analog inputs.

If you already have your own DAC (.e.g SPDIF DAC), you could also consider the new pocket size nanoDIGI 2x8 to stay all digital for your processing and re-use your existing DAC.

DevTeam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.