MiniDSP after active pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What are the best options for using a MinDSP after an active pre? I need the gain from my pre because my amps only have 13db and 15db of gain. I also have more then one source so straight from the source is a bad option. Do you plan on having a product that can take higher voltages?

What are the best options for using a MinDSP after an active pre? I need the gain from my pre because my amps only have 13db and 15db of gain. I also have more then one source so straight from the source is a bad option. Do you plan on having a product that can take higher voltages?
I'm not sure what levels we're talking about here (dBu or RMS), but FYI, miniDSP now comes in a multiple versions:
- miniDSP Balanced (kit/2x4) -> Up to 2Vrms balanced, Up to 4Vrms unabalanced on the inputs / Up to 2Vrms balanced on the outputs
- miniDSP 2x8 -> Up to 2Vrms(8dBu) unbalanced, Up to 4Vrms (14dBu) balanced on inputs / Up to 2Vrms unbalanced, Up to 4Vrms balanced on the outputs

8 and 14dBu are per our standards very "hot" signals already and keeping the racing to higher levels (e.g. 24dBu) is only going to make users unhappy since 90% of people out there will run their unit at very low levels to make sure they don't overdrive their gear, in the end running at a poor SNR.

Hope this helps,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.