2x8 kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@Twest820,

Nope, schematics nor BOM are actually available. Note that we're always happy to hear what modifications could improve our products (as many miniDSP DIYers already do) but besides that trying to extensively modify the board would simply void the warranty.

DevTeam

Last edited:
@Twest820,

Nope, schematics nor BOM are actually available. Note that we're always happy to hear what modifications could improve our products (as many miniDSP DIYers already do) but besides that trying to extensively modify the board would simply void the warranty.

DevTeam

For example, a multi pin connector that will let you pick the signal in between the I/V converters outputs and the symmetrical outputs so as to be able to insert an multi analog volume control circuit ? (PGA 23xx someting)

best from france
JC

Do you guys think the 2x8 will fit in a DCX box? or maybe a CX2310 or BFD 1124p box. I have several extras unused or not working.

the 2x8 is 8 inches deep so you need at least 9 inches to work in.

I was originally going to put two 2x4's in a DEQ2496 (kinda wish i did)
But the 2x8 wont fit .

if the DCX etc is 9" - 11" deep, you can get it in there...
You would probably need to "fully" gut it (front display etc).

maybe maybe not
careful measureing is needed, and then determin if it's workable within the space.

I may start a new thread, depending on how things progress, but I thought I'd mention that I now have the 2x8 running with my current stack of drive units as a four-way system including mono subs below 60Hz. A bit of basic EQ has been attempted and I'm trying 48dB Butterworth filters. First impressions are good, and if anything it seems cleaner sounding than an old discrete transistor crossover I have been using. I'd done my homework before getting the board and had no issues in terms of setup at all. Completely fuss-free, no noise and no gain issues- although my present preamp does have lots of gain available. I will also be trying it with a B1 buffer soon, so I'll report back on that. So far this is via the analogue input with CD. I do have the MiniDigi, so the next step is to connect up the volume pot and enable it, to see how that goes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.