5 subs, which plugin?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently learned about miniDSP and I think it'll suit my needs perfectly. I have a mal-x 21" sub that's in an ottoman and will be in the center of the listening area. I will have 4 MFW-15's up front in 2.5^3 boxes. I'd like maximum editing capabilities with this setup if possible.

Original thoughts were to let the 21 do everything below 30hz, but I received some constructive objections from folks at avs. Apparently the 4 MFW's and the mal model very close with minimal phase and therefore most think I should run both full from 10 to 80.

My only objection to this is that I can localize the Mal 21 with content above 40. So I was still thinking about using a highpass filter for the 4 up front and a lowpass filter for the mal.

The plugins look great, but there also appears to be a lot of overlap, so I wanted to get advice from a group that using the miniDSP.

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.