Ready to buy - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 02:28 AM   #1
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Default Ready to buy

Is your website ready to accept order and also be able to dispatch ASAP?

I need 1*MiniDSP and 1 plug-in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 03:29 AM   #2
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member
 
minidsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hello,

Yes, we're back online and it's business as usual since we've now updated the website. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Hoping this answers your questions.

DevTeam
__________________
www.minidsp.com - Low cost & modular audio DSP kits for DIYers - Follow our tweets @ minidsp
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 03:39 AM   #3
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by minidsp View Post
Hello,

Yes, we're back online and it's business as usual since we've now updated the website. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Hoping this answers your questions.

DevTeam
sinc eyou are online I need to ans a question, I like to connect my DAC with USB port to the MiniDSP, do I need to buy MiniStreamer as well as the MiniDigi or just Ministreamer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 07:45 AM   #4
ronte is offline ronte  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
May I ask why you would like to connect the DAC to the miniDSP? The miniDSP is a DAC in itself (but first ADC from analog->DSP->DAC to analog again). WouldŽnt it be better to just use that internal DAC directly, wich I think you could with miniStreamer (computer->miniStreamer->miniDSP)?
Or do you want to use your DAC instead of the one in miniDSP? In that case I would guess you cant connect through USB, you would probebly need miniDIGI coax/toslink out to external DAC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 09:25 AM   #5
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronte View Post
May I ask why you would like to connect the DAC to the miniDSP? The miniDSP is a DAC in itself (but first ADC from analog->DSP->DAC to analog again). WouldŽnt it be better to just use that internal DAC directly, wich I think you could with miniStreamer (computer->miniStreamer->miniDSP)?
Or do you want to use your DAC instead of the one in miniDSP? In that case I would guess you cant connect through USB, you would probebly need miniDIGI coax/toslink out to external DAC.
sorry I got it wrong, I like to connect my PC's USB to the ministreamer directlly, do I still need a MiniDigi(this accepts SPDIF only)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 09:57 AM   #6
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member
 
minidsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
@Ttan98,

Yes you would need a miniDIGI + miniStreamer for the simple reason that you need to have a sample rate converter in between. USB audio would typically play at the the rate of the format (e.g. 44.1kHz) but with the miniDSP running at a fixed rate, that's a problem requiring a sample rate converter that's already included on the miniDIGI. In other words: PC - > USBStreamer -> miniDIGI - > miniDSP.

Hoping this answers your question.
__________________
www.minidsp.com - Low cost & modular audio DSP kits for DIYers - Follow our tweets @ minidsp
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 10:34 PM   #7
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by minidsp View Post
@Ttan98,

Yes you would need a miniDIGI + miniStreamer for the simple reason that you need to have a sample rate converter in between. USB audio would typically play at the the rate of the format (e.g. 44.1kHz) but with the miniDSP running at a fixed rate, that's a problem requiring a sample rate converter that's already included on the miniDIGI. In other words: PC - > USBStreamer -> miniDIGI - > miniDSP.

Hoping this answers your question.
Thanks for reply, I will wait for you new development when you combine the DigiStreamer with the Mini Digi into one and this I/O card should accept USB and SPDIF and more importantly accept 24bit/192khz.

I have a good DAC which accept USB and SPDIF aready I will just order the MiniDSP. A really high quality card of this kind(as above) will make your DSP unbeatable because the signal will be digital all the way.But for the time being I have to convert my analog to digital and then back to analog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 09:34 AM   #8
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
I just put in my order for a minidsp.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When will Simple P-P be ready? rhing Tubelab 18 15th January 2010 01:27 PM
My little beast is getting ready.. johnny1 Solid State 27 21st September 2006 02:39 PM
ready to give up tokyofist Tubes / Valves 20 4th June 2006 11:31 PM
Ready to build! hawkfeather Solid State 2 10th February 2006 05:05 AM
Getting ready to buy my speakers tonight... mazeroth Multi-Way 22 29th July 2004 07:16 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2