Ready to buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
May I ask why you would like to connect the DAC to the miniDSP? The miniDSP is a DAC in itself (but first ADC from analog->DSP->DAC to analog again). Would´nt it be better to just use that internal DAC directly, wich I think you could with miniStreamer (computer->miniStreamer->miniDSP)?
Or do you want to use your DAC instead of the one in miniDSP? In that case I would guess you cant connect through USB, you would probebly need miniDIGI coax/toslink out to external DAC.

May I ask why you would like to connect the DAC to the miniDSP? The miniDSP is a DAC in itself (but first ADC from analog->DSP->DAC to analog again). Would´nt it be better to just use that internal DAC directly, wich I think you could with miniStreamer (computer->miniStreamer->miniDSP)?
Or do you want to use your DAC instead of the one in miniDSP? In that case I would guess you cant connect through USB, you would probebly need miniDIGI coax/toslink out to external DAC.

sorry I got it wrong, I like to connect my PC's USB to the ministreamer directlly, do I still need a MiniDigi(this accepts SPDIF only)?

@Ttan98,

Yes you would need a miniDIGI + miniStreamer for the simple reason that you need to have a sample rate converter in between. USB audio would typically play at the the rate of the format (e.g. 44.1kHz) but with the miniDSP running at a fixed rate, that's a problem requiring a sample rate converter that's already included on the miniDIGI. In other words: PC - > USBStreamer -> miniDIGI - > miniDSP.

Hoping this answers your question.

@Ttan98,

Yes you would need a miniDIGI + miniStreamer for the simple reason that you need to have a sample rate converter in between. USB audio would typically play at the the rate of the format (e.g. 44.1kHz) but with the miniDSP running at a fixed rate, that's a problem requiring a sample rate converter that's already included on the miniDIGI. In other words: PC - > USBStreamer -> miniDIGI - > miniDSP.

Hoping this answers your question.

Thanks for reply, I will wait for you new development when you combine the DigiStreamer with the Mini Digi into one and this I/O card should accept USB and SPDIF and more importantly accept 24bit/192khz.

I have a good DAC which accept USB and SPDIF aready I will just order the MiniDSP. A really high quality card of this kind(as above) will make your DSP unbeatable because the signal will be digital all the way.But for the time being I have to convert my analog to digital and then back to analog.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.