Is there any way to boost the Vout to 4V?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering using this piece in a car audio environment. My problem is that the car audio environment is very noisy so any peice I use has to be able to put out a decent amount of voltage. Is there any way to mod the miniDSP to increase it's Vout of .9V to 4V? I would possibly even be happy with 2V output but the .9V is simply way to low.

Hello,

Using miniDSP balanced (2Vrms output) or miniDSP kit + balanced driver would be I guess the way to go.

In a car environment, pseudo balanced (forward referencing) would actually work better for noise rejection at the input. miniDSP balanced might be a better choice for that reason.

Hoping this makes sense.

In the balanced minidsp board's documentation there is a mention of running single ended connections. I beleive it shows a diagram of bridging two of the posts with a piece of wire...

I've been looking at using a balanced version of the board as it will allow me to just run passive potentiometers to power amps, no need for pre amp after the board.

Have a look at that.

Jai

I am considering using this piece in a car audio environment. My problem is that the car audio environment is very noisy so any peice I use has to be able to put out a decent amount of voltage. Is there any way to mod the miniDSP to increase it's Vout of .9V to 4V? I would possibly even be happy with 2V output but the .9V is simply way to low.

Is that .9V rms or p-p? 0.9 V rms (2.5Vp-p) should be workable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.