diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   miniDSP (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/minidsp/)
-   -   Introducing miniStreamer: Native 24/96 USB to I2S / SPDIF interface (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/minidsp/173214-introducing-ministreamer-native-24-96-usb-i2s-spdif-interface.html)

minidsp 8th September 2010 02:03 AM

Introducing miniStreamer: Native 24/96 USB to I2S / SPDIF interface

Dear all,

A new addition to miniDSP's growing portfolio!

Introducing miniStreamer, a low cost native 24/96kHz USB audio interface with SPDIF / I2S connectivity for Playback and recording. Transformer isolation, driver-less installation and chassis mount integration makes it an easy fit for your DIY projects.

Engineered to provide a flexible interface for your Digital Audio project, miniSTREAMER can easily interface to a miniDIGI card, or any other I2S interface. Future instructions and tech note to follow on how to integrate miniStreamer to a miniDSP kit.

For more info, check out our product page.

Hope you like it,

DevTeam

ferynov 8th September 2010 06:39 AM

how about usb to I2S

minidsp 8th September 2010 06:51 AM

Mmmh, not sure where the confusion or question comes from.. :-)

Forum post, datasheet, user manual, web page all point out to explaining that this interface is indeed a USB to I2S / SPDIF interface... Maybe have a closer look at reading them first to understand the product.

Thanks.

ferynov 8th September 2010 07:47 AM

sorry...I have been read manual and brief , very interesting, but where real picture is?
what chip PCM use in this ministreamer? I bet that use pcm 27xx or 29xx.

minidsp 10th September 2010 09:57 AM

Indeed, it's missing the picture.. Our camera picture day is scheduled tomorrow.. :-) Pics will be updated shortly on website and datasheet.

IC is actually based on the Tenor IC (TE7022L) so no PCM series since they only allow up to 48kHz.

neutron7 15th November 2010 03:09 AM

can this plug directly in to the i2s input of a miniDSP, or do you need the miniDIGI?

minidsp 16th November 2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutron7 (Post 2365535)
can this plug directly in to the i2s input of a miniDSP, or do you need the miniDIGI?

In answer to your question: "It depends".. :-)
- If you're only playing 48kHz audio content from your PC, i.e. to make sure the I2S out is compatible with the I2S in of the miniDSP (only operate at 48kHz), then that's fine.
- If you rather have freedom of choice and not have to worry about it, then connecting it to a miniDIGI allows you to input any signal thanks to the ASRC on board. Another good element is that the ASRC is very good at removing jitter on the signal.

Hope this makes sense,

neutron7 16th November 2010 12:46 AM

thanks, that makes more sense now.

SunRa 17th November 2010 01:33 PM

I was just wondering, what slave/master jumper means? That is it capable of asynchronous operation, or...?

Thank you!

anbello 17th November 2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunRa (Post 2368089)
I was just wondering, what slave/master jumper means? That is it capable of asynchronous operation, or...?

Thank you!

Good question, also i would like to know something about this

Ciao
Andrea