miniDSP now officially available on Mac Os X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Big news: miniDSP is officially Mac OS X compatible! :)

Following few weeks of Beta testing by few of our community members, we found the time and energy to move all 9 plug-ins to the Mac platform. Systems requirements are as follow:

• Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
  • Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5 or v10.6
  • 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Have fun!

Dave,

Indeed no powerPC. Although we would have liked it too, it's completely out of our control. You can always email Adobe about it though.. :)

In today's growing OS versions, it's bound to happen that some platforms won't work... Realize that it was already a lot of work to get cross-platform working and tested acccros so many OS versions (Win + Mac). Can't get everything, everybody happy I'm afraid.

Hope this answers your question,

DevTeam

I'm sorry if this is a bit off thread but after much searching I couldn't find a better place to start.

I bought a miniDSP 2x4 and then noticed that the PC system requirements call for the PRO version of Windows XP (not the HOME version which I have).

This surprised me, but I have to assume that miniDSP is right on this. I dare not try it out otherwise I would lose my opportunity to send the DSP back.

Can anyone say what feature of the XP pro version is required (which the Home version doesn't support)? There are ways to extend the Home version OS and I really don't want to uninstall a working version of XP.

Thanks for your answer. I already searched that forum, also with the Google search engine, but no answer. Furthermore miniDSP didn't answer my enquiry.

There's nothing wrong with Win 7; I just don't have it loaded in my laptop. Since I have a complete working OS I wouldn't change that, which includes finding new drivers, re-loading software etc, unless I REALLY have to.

In the meantime I found that I could upgrade to XP Pro over XP Home, and keep the existing settings and software. Knowing that, I decided just to try the miniDSP. The result: miniDSP 2x4 runs under Windows XP Home SP3. You do NOT need XP Pro. I hope that helps someone

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.