miniDSP New Plug-ins - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 7th June 2010, 09:59 AM   #1
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Default miniDSP New Plug-ins

Hello DIYers,

A little update long overdue...

After a busy few weeks working on different projects, we finally have a time to release the following exciting new plug-ins:
- Rear/Center plug-in: A new plug-in we dedicated to deriving 3rd channels from a stereo signal. Tweaking setup at the lab and some other ambiance projects we've been involved, it's a fun plug-in and a new way to look at building multi-way/multi-channel DSP processed fields. Stay tuned since this is only the beginning! :-)

- 2 way Advanced/4way Advanced: Finally, after few posts of mentioning we would put the hours required into the development of an advanced plug-in, we did it! Our miniDSP kits finally have the capabilities to input custom biquad tables into our filter, giving any techy/advanced users the ability to build proprietary (non-text book) filters. For those of you who don't know what a biquad is, reading online would be your first step! We hope that you'll have fun with it and already look forward to the custom programming ideas that will come out of this feature!

For more details, please check our download section for the datasheet/printscreens of each plug-in.

Next few weeks will be even busier with the release of some long attended features and the finalized Mac version, currently in Beta test with a couple of lucky miniDSP owners! Stay tuned!

miniDSP DevTeam
Old 17th December 2010, 06:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

With the center channel option, now available I'm guessing you have plans for a stereo minus center 2-way crossover, and/or left minus center 3-4 way, and the same for right.

I don't know if its a big audience but the ability to retrofit a center channel to live sound stereo setups is a great quality and coverage improvement.

That's the problem with releasing these great building blocks, theres always going to be more asked of you. It's a quality problem.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:49 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I have a proposal. Currently we can change crossover frequency using key input like this(or click but increase\decrease +-1 only...):

Click the image to open in full size.

But it will be good if we can control frequency using:
Click the image to open in full size.

So the reason for this, is that we can in real time change frequency between two drivers and listen what sound good and what not.

For example I have 4-way system and 50-200-3000hz crossover frequency options and I want in real time change 200hz by moving up or down.
Currently to do this, I need click one channel then type new value, like 250hz, then click another channel and input again 250hz. That's not so useful.
Attached Images
File Type: png idea.png (8.0 KB, 883 views)
File Type: png Old.png (5.9 KB, 875 views)
Old 11th January 2011, 09:37 PM   #4
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

If you add this please make it optional so that one can deploy different center freq.s for HP and LP.. Sometimes it may be good to be able to!
Old 31st January 2011, 12:59 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

minidsp Any comments?
Old 31st January 2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkamikaze View Post
minidsp Any comments?
I think it's best to post this on their dedicated forum MiniDSP - Suggestion Box - MiniDSP

Hide this!Advertise here!