|22nd April 2010, 07:01 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2009
New Plug-in Update - 48dB/oct, low/high shelf
miniDSP DevTeam Update!
Following a complete rework of a couple of our plug-ins, our team is excited to introduce a complete new set of miniDSP plug-ins including:
- 2way PEQ v3
- 2way PEQ 2.1 v3
- and 4way PEQ v3.
Included in this new release, we added the following much attended features:
- Increased choice of filter order from 6 to 48dB/octfor Butterworth and Linkwitz Riley (12 to 48dB/oct)
- 2way plug-ins now include full BandPass (LPF + HPF) on all outputs, allowing you to potentially limit driver excursion or use stereo 2way plug-in for Mid Bass/High.
- Low Shelf/High Shelf or Peak now selectable for the 6PEQ bands on both inputs and outputs.
- Updated user interface for smaller screen resolution
Things to know for existing miniDSP users:
- Because this plug-in is a complete rework and very different architecture compared to previous plug-ins, it is unfortunately not compatible with previous configurations you may have built in the past. In other words, don't expect to be able to import a previous configuration you may have made with older versions. While our team tried our best to prevent this from happeing, we found out that it was simply technically impossible. While it may look the same structure on the outset, what was required in terms of firmware to make higher filter orders happen involved a complete rework of the DSP structure, in other words making older configuration incompatible. Knowing the limited amount of settings of each configuration and the fact that we expect to phase out the previous version (v2), we strongly recommend you to upgrade to this revision of plug-in
- All community members who already purchased either 2wayPEQ/2wayPEQ2.1 or 4wayPEQ will receive a free upgrade to this plug-in. Wooowwwooo!
- Note that we will eventually upgrade 2way Graphic EQ, 4way Graphic EQ and Mixer plug-in. Things have just been very busy for us to perform the release on these 3 plug-ins and just couldn't perform the upgrade to all at once. Hope you understand.
The plug-in will be made available on our site shortly and expect a mass email notification once ready for download.
Hope you enjoy it!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|12B4 Updates||ray bronk||Tubes / Valves||1||19th February 2008 08:52 PM|
|Web Page updates||Andy G||Multi-Way||2||13th December 2004 01:03 AM|
|Directory Updates||Jason||Everything Else||0||2nd May 2001 11:39 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|