miniDSP kits, our answers to your technical questions - Page 46 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 13th April 2013, 07:15 AM   #451
tusker is offline tusker  Kenya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge View Post
I guess I am wondering if the the USB power and the independent power supply are to much for the unit?
Don't consider this as an official answer to your question, but theoretically it doesn't matter. A power supply does not 'force' current into the unit, it just provides it, when needed. (F.e. it doesn't destroy your computer if you plug the power supply to an active USB-hub either.)

Another thought: If this could damage the unit, I guess MiniDSP would have put a warning in bold red letters on it…
Old 11th February 2014, 01:04 PM   #452
Joku is offline Joku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Btw, what kind of potentiometer the MiniDSP uses for volume control?
Old 6th October 2014, 11:52 PM   #453
consol is offline consol  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default Modeling with MiniDsp ?

I would ask the developer of minidsp . Is it possible to use the minidsp for modeling amps or instruments pickups or magnets ? I want to simulate (equalising basically) the sound of piezo pickup of acoustic instrument with a sound of reference mic to which recorded before I did it comparing the spectrum analysis of two recording ( piezo and mic) and then adjust +/- the appropriate frequencies with the minidsp Yes but i want to recall my saves with a jog dial from an embedded table of memories defined by user and a small LCD display of course
without PC. Or to recall a user settings memory from my tablet or phone with Android Is it possible ? I want an application with minidsp standalone with 100 user preset memories finally
Of course I'll use PC to define the parameters before and then I'll load the presets to the minidsp
Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 08:05 PM   #454
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

hi i have noise problems with mini dsp 2x8.i can here the hiss from 3 meters.it can,t be correct with 114db s/n.
what should i check?
Old 13th October 2014, 08:18 PM   #455
diyAudio Member

Is it noisy with inputs grounded?
Old 13th October 2014, 10:03 PM   #456
diyAudio Member

i didn,t try that.
i am using optical.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:47 PM   #457
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by back View Post
i didn,t try that.
i am using optical.
Are you using very high sensitivity drivers, like pro drivers or compression drivers, in your speakers?

Are you using consumer amps with RCA jacks or pro amps with XLR jacks for inputs?

How high is the gain turned up on your amplifiers?

You can try to disconnect the miniDSP and ground the inputs to the amp. If the noise is still there, the problem is with the amp.
Old 14th October 2014, 06:43 AM   #458
diyAudio Member

drivers are scan speak d3004/660000 92db audio technology 15h52 89db and woofer is eminence alpha 10a 96db.
amps are first one by lazy cat and and gain is about 26db.
i am using the + and gnd from the phoinix connector to rca because it outputs 4volts because 2 volts from rca outputs is not always enough.
when i disconnect mini dsp the amps are dead silent even without grounding the inputs and even if i stack my ear on the tweeter.
the noise contains hum and hiss.it can be heard from all the drivers and is very low.
i can here it from listening chair barely but i can here it clearly if i go closer to the speaker.
Old 14th October 2014, 06:48 AM   #459
diyAudio Member

i have mini dg input and the remote volume kit.the noise is independant from the volume.
i removed everything from the box and tested it floating and the noise was way louder.
i believe those 3 board have something to do with their grounds connected through the box.
Old 14th October 2014, 02:33 PM   #460
diyAudio Member

a mistake there, its digi fp not mini dg

Hide this!Advertise here!