miniDSP kits, our answers to your technical questions - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 13th December 2010, 02:20 PM   #261
PiotrK is offline PiotrK  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi
Which devices do you use in DAC?
Didn't found such info on minidsp.com pages.

greetings
Old 13th December 2010, 08:50 PM   #262
knuisje is offline knuisje  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Do you mean what DAC is used on the Minidsp? There are four DAC's integrated in the used ADAU1701 dsp chip.
Old 14th December 2010, 08:26 AM   #263
PiotrK is offline PiotrK  Poland
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot.
That means I need to read ADAU1701 datasheet first
Old 18th December 2010, 11:18 PM   #264
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to critofur Send a message via MSN to critofur Send a message via Yahoo to critofur
I'm sorry - this must be answered somewhere else, but, I'm having a hard time finding it: where is a thread showing how to use REW with MiniDSP, explaing what you can do/features etc. when using REW + MiniDSP together? [All I could find so far was a brief post on the MiniDSP website saying that now you can use REW + MiniDSP together]

Perhaps you can add pictures [screenshots/step-by-step] and a more detailed explanation of capablilities + limitations of using REW + MiniDSP together to your thread here?:

miniDSP & REW partner to release new plug-ins

Last edited by critofur; 18th December 2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 20th December 2010, 01:19 AM   #265
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by critofur View Post
I'm sorry - this must be answered somewhere else, but, I'm having a hard time finding it: where is a thread showing how to use REW with MiniDSP, explaing what you can do/features etc. when using REW + MiniDSP together? [All I could find so far was a brief post on the MiniDSP website saying that now you can use REW + MiniDSP together]

Perhaps you can add pictures [screenshots/step-by-step] and a more detailed explanation of capablilities + limitations of using REW + MiniDSP together to your thread here?:

miniDSP and REW are indeed working together, but being a new feature, it's yet to be fully documented and explained.

We're indeed planning to have a technical note with a step by step on how to configure the two. The concept is actually really simple and very similar to other devices currently supported by REW. You can easily try it out even without a miniDSP! :-)

- start REW V5 (note that only v5 supports miniDSP)
- click on the EQ button in the toolbar
- on the right hand side of the EQ window click on the "Equalizer" banner and select MiniDSP as the equalizer
- click on the EQ Filters button above the graph to set up some filters.
The section about how to run some AutoEQ or manual EQ on REW is well documented on REW manual. You can test it out without a miniDSP
- on the right hand side of the EQ window click on the "Filter Tasks" banner and select Send filter Settings to Equalizer

That brings up a file dialog to choose the filename and location for the coefficients file, default is minidsp.txt.

Last step is for you to copy the content of that file to the miniDSP kit and voila. Your system is flashed with the filtering from REW.

This is just a quick overview. Technical note to follow up in the application section of the miniDSP website hopefully this week.

Hope this helps to wet your appetite on that great feature! :-)

DevTeam
Old 27th December 2010, 05:57 PM   #266
diyAudio Member

I have a revA mini but I may decide to get a dac. With. 2v output. Will I still be able to use the Reva?
Old 28th December 2010, 12:49 AM   #267
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
I have a revA mini but I may decide to get a dac. With. 2v output. Will I still be able to use the Reva?
If you have a new miniDSP kit (Rev 2 shipped Dec2010) then no problem since you can change from RevA to B with a simple jumper change.

If you have a rev1 without any jumper setting, then your solution is just to make sure that you don't exceed the 0.9Vrms max. Remember that 2Vrms specs from your DAC is the max output and that it doesn't mean that you will reach it. Simply tone down the volume pre-dac.

hope this answers your question
Old 28th December 2010, 09:08 PM   #268
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidsp View Post
If you have a new miniDSP kit (Rev 2 shipped Dec2010) then no problem since you can change from RevA to B with a simple jumper change.

If you have a rev1 without any jumper setting, then your solution is just to make sure that you don't exceed the 0.9Vrms max. Remember that 2Vrms specs from your DAC is the max output and that it doesn't mean that you will reach it. Simply tone down the volume pre-dac.

Thanks that helps...
Old 31st December 2010, 10:40 PM   #269
ped is offline ped  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by critofur View Post

You might find this ARTICLE helpful...
Old 16th January 2011, 12:07 AM   #270
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidsp View Post

My minidsp in a box was shipped on 12/13/10 does this mean it has the jumper inside?

Hide this!Advertise here!