Is the A10P cone UV sensitive?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've noticed that it is recommended by Markaudio that other paper-coned Alpair drivers not be exposed to ultraviolet light. Does the same caution apply to the A10P?

Hi M,
Yes, the 10P's cone should not be exposed to direct sun light. Same goes for 99% of all paper coned drivers unless the maker has Specifically treated the cone for exposure in more challenging conditions (public address, marine etc).

Thanks
Mark.

UV sensitivity

Hi Mark,

maybe a dumb question, but i want to buy a 7p in near future, but my problem is, at that position they were
intended to they will be faced to the setting sun for about 1 hour in autumn, do you think this could be problem? Same thoughts about my CHP70 G2 Black i'm now a proud owner of. :D

Thanks for reply.

Greets

boxdiycast

Btw.
Love your drivers, especially for their talent of reproducing
rhythmical structures

Hi Mark,

maybe a dumb question, but i want to buy a 7p in near future, but my problem is, at that position they were
intended to they will be faced to the setting sun for about 1 hour in autumn, do you think this could be problem? Same thoughts about my CHP70 G2 Black i'm now a proud owner of. :D

Thanks for reply.

Greets

boxdiycast

Btw.
Love your drivers, especially for their talent of reproducing
rhythmical structures

Hi B,
Many thanks for your support. I'd recommend putting simple covers over the 7P's knowing they will get some exposure. Not sure if this idea is convenient but even short term direct exposure will affect the 7P cones. The metal cones won't be affected.

Thanks
Mark.

On a somewhat related note, what about the rubber surround? What if I left my 7m exposed to the morning sun for a hour or two? Thanks.

Hi Ult,
Chris is right, there's no problem with the surrounds being exposed to sun light.

Like most domestic appliances, keep any drivers away from very hot environments and don't expose them to bright sun light for long.

Bear in mind that you're wood cabinet is in greater danger being exposed to sun-light. Veneers and paintwork could bleach or crack. You also risk un-equal expansion should only part of the cab be exposed to strong sun light.

Thanks
Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.