Is the A10P cone UV sensitive? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 12:04 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default Is the A10P cone UV sensitive?

I've noticed that it is recommended by Markaudio that other paper-coned Alpair drivers not be exposed to ultraviolet light. Does the same caution apply to the A10P?
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 02:46 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
markaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by majerjack View Post
I've noticed that it is recommended by Markaudio that other paper-coned Alpair drivers not be exposed to ultraviolet light. Does the same caution apply to the A10P?
Hi M,
Yes, the 10P's cone should not be exposed to direct sun light. Same goes for 99% of all paper coned drivers unless the maker has Specifically treated the cone for exposure in more challenging conditions (public address, marine etc).

Thanks
Mark.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 07:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default UV sensitivity

Hi Mark,

maybe a dumb question, but i want to buy a 7p in near future, but my problem is, at that position they were
intended to they will be faced to the setting sun for about 1 hour in autumn, do you think this could be problem? Same thoughts about my CHP70 G2 Black i'm now a proud owner of.

Thanks for reply.

Greets

boxdiycast

Btw.
Love your drivers, especially for their talent of reproducing
rhythmical structures
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 07:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
markaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdiycast View Post
Hi Mark,

maybe a dumb question, but i want to buy a 7p in near future, but my problem is, at that position they were
intended to they will be faced to the setting sun for about 1 hour in autumn, do you think this could be problem? Same thoughts about my CHP70 G2 Black i'm now a proud owner of.

Thanks for reply.

Greets

boxdiycast

Btw.
Love your drivers, especially for their talent of reproducing
rhythmical structures
Hi B,
Many thanks for your support. I'd recommend putting simple covers over the 7P's knowing they will get some exposure. Not sure if this idea is convenient but even short term direct exposure will affect the 7P cones. The metal cones won't be affected.

Thanks
Mark.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 08:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
On a somewhat related note, what about the rubber surround? What if I left my 7m exposed to the morning sun for a hour or two? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 05:44 PM   #6
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: victoria BC
well, if I'm not mistaken, the same material would be used in the surrounds for the metal coned drivers, which Mark indicates do not have the same issues with regards to UV exposure - so I think that'd be a "don't worry"
__________________
now on sabbatical

Last edited by chrisb; 4th October 2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: qualification
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 09:43 PM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
markaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrakaz View Post
On a somewhat related note, what about the rubber surround? What if I left my 7m exposed to the morning sun for a hour or two? Thanks.
Hi Ult,
Chris is right, there's no problem with the surrounds being exposed to sun light.

Like most domestic appliances, keep any drivers away from very hot environments and don't expose them to bright sun light for long.

Bear in mind that you're wood cabinet is in greater danger being exposed to sun-light. Veneers and paintwork could bleach or crack. You also risk un-equal expansion should only part of the cab be exposed to strong sun light.

Thanks
Mark.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bookshelf for a10p HPH Planet 10 hifi 6 28th May 2014 11:45 AM
Stands for my A10P's Bob Brines Markaudio 19 27th November 2013 08:31 PM
A10P resonance spike larryldspkr Markaudio 12 18th November 2013 08:33 PM
DIY UV Exposure box with UV LEDs Nordic Parts 54 1st October 2007 10:58 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2