My favorite Alpair's - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 20th September 2013, 06:38 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacose View Post
Looks great. I've been wondering whether the 10p's would drop into that enclosure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylkid58 View Post
Not into the "old" 10.2 enclosure, if that's what you mean. There are unique boxes now for the 10.3 and 10p
I believe that he meant my M10-A10 cabinet. The answer is yes, all three, A10.2, A10(M).3 and A10P(.1) will work in that cabinet. Each requires a different port length, a perhaps a bit of fiddling with damping. Turns out that the A10P is happiest in that cabinet. It is a bit too small for the A10.2, but for the A10P, it is just right.

Bob
Old 20th September 2013, 06:49 PM   #12
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
The 10Ps also work quite nicely in the FHXL
Very nicely.

dave
Old 20th September 2013, 11:42 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I'll need a new living room or wife before I attempt the FHXLs. She says my speakers take up enough space as it is. Though I suppose it's not bad to have a new one waiting in the wings...(speaker, not wife)
Old 20th September 2013, 11:47 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brines View Post
I believe that he meant my M10-A10 cabinet.
Yes.

jeff
Old 5th October 2013, 05:39 PM   #15
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

So Bob how are those 10p + Dayton's coming along? Inquiring minds want to know. After all you're not the only one who enjoys those 32' Organ stops.
Old 5th October 2013, 09:13 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
So Bob how are those 10p + Dayton's coming along? Inquiring minds want to know. After all you're not the only one who enjoys those 32' Organ stops.
The Dayton's are sitting in a corner and the 24mm panels next to them. Life and a couple of commissions halted the project. I'll be on vacation for two weeks and then I can get back to the project, if I don't get more commissions.

For your enjoyment, the mahogany speakers are M10-A10's loaded with A10P's. The customer demanded the drivers be at 36", so the bottom 4" of the cabinets are filled with styrofoam blocks.

Apologies Bob, but the other driver you illustrated is a FR competitor. Members who wish to see all Bob's excellent work:

http://brinesacoustics.com

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tall_M10-A10.jpg (84.5 KB, 544 views)

Last edited by markaudio; 5th October 2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:35 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Gorgeous finish. I don't know if the supra baffles make any difference in the sound but they certainly look great.
Old 6th October 2013, 05:16 AM   #18
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Gorgeous finish. I don't know if the supra baffles make any difference in the sound but they certainly look great.

yeah, let's start a new conversation on that - the plywood/MDF , bracing techniques / grilles or not debates are getting a bit tiresome - and this is coming from a guy who loves to beat a dead horse as much as anybody

if nothing else the elliptical SBs do add a nice aesthetic touch - nice work Bob
Old 6th October 2013, 04:23 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don't know the answer either. My logic says that the two 3/4" roundovers equate to a 1 1/2" roundover, which is close to the magic number of 2", which is generally accepted as being effective.

On my to-do list is build a box with the 1/4" raised edges and grill, rout the edges square, and finally rout a 3/4" roundover. Take measurements. Might actually show something.

Bob
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:39 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Not to be a pest Bob, but, how are those FAST speakers coming along with the A10p's and Daytons?

Hide this!Advertise here!