Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 17th August 2013, 01:00 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Mark's Canada/USA Sept travel dates

Hi fellas,
We're just over half way through completing 3300 (gone up by 200) Alpair 10M driver production run which should complete later this month. I'm pretty much exhausted. All the same, We've booked the following travel dates:

Hong Kong to Toronto: Arrive Toronto 11th September. Should be in the Toronto area until Monday 16th.

Then motoring to Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City to Halifax NS, expecting to arrive Halifax towards to the of the week 19th). Touring NS until 24th, returning to Toronto on 25th.

Flying to Vancouver on 26th. Touring BC until 30th, returning to Hong Kong on 1st October.

Any guys on our rout plan that would like me to say "hello", I'll do my best to make some time to come and listen to your projects. It would be nice to meet up where possible. If you can "group", even better as I'll be doing allot of flying/driving!

Apologies to USA friends, Brian at Madisound thinks my schedule is already punishing. He's suggested I stay on the Canada side and visit a USA based audio show next year.

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 17th August 2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 17th August 2013, 06:24 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Cripes. I will be in France and UK at exactly the same time. I live in BC quite close to Dave & Chris of planet 10. Enjoy the visit!

KM
Old 17th August 2013, 12:17 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Mark
Glad to see you are visiting the east coast, it is about a 20 hr cruise from TO to HFX . If you are interested in scenery, great ocean vista,s leisurely hikes Cape Breton Island on the north east end of Nova Scotia is considered by "travel&leisure magazine" as the #1 island destination in North America and the cabot trail one of the most scenic drives in NA. Well worth the trip, just google it
Hope to see you
paul

Last edited by paul burchell; 17th August 2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 17th August 2013, 06:12 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul burchell View Post
Hi Mark
Glad to see you are visiting the east coast, it is about a 20 hr cruise from TO to HFX . If you are interested in scenery, great ocean vista,s leisurely hikes Cape Breton Island on the north east end of Nova Scotia is considered by "travel&leisure magazine" as the #1 island destination in North America and the cabot trail one of the most scenic drives in NA. Well worth the trip, just google it
Hope to see you
paul
I agree. It's almost as beautiful as Vancouver, BC, almost as good as Victoria, BC. Almost as good as the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Old 17th August 2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Hi fellas,
We're just over half way through completing 3300 (gone up by 200) Alpair 10M driver production run which should complete later this month. I'm pretty much exhausted. All the same, We've booked the following travel dates:

Hong Kong to Toronto: Arrive Toronto 11th September. Should be in the Toronto area until Monday 16th.

Then motoring to Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City to Halifax NS, expecting to arrive Halifax towards to the of the week 19th). Touring NS until 24th, returning to Toronto on 25th.

Flying to Vancouver on 26th. Touring BC until 30th, returning to Hong Kong on 1st October.

Any guys on our rout plan that would like me to say "hello", I'll do my best to make some time to come and listen to your projects. It would be nice to meet up where possible. If you can "group", even better as I'll be doing allot of flying/driving!

Apologies to USA friends, Brian at Madisound thinks my schedule is already punishing. He's suggested I stay on the Canada side and visit a USA based audio show next year.

Cheers
Mark.
I am in the Toronto area. Just curious, will you be visiting any "Hifi shops" and conducting product presentations in the Toronto area?

Regards,
Old 17th August 2013, 08:43 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
All the same, We've booked the following travel dates:
Cheers
Mark.
Mark, any chance you will be at Burning Amp or Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October?

jan
Old 19th August 2013, 03:51 PM   #7
chrisb is online now chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hopefully your itinerary allow a visit to Victoria, and you'll have room on your dance card for some at-home dining.
Old 26th August 2013, 05:53 PM   #8
TYSON J is offline TYSON J  Canada
diyAudio Member

I live a couple hours west of the Toronto airport, and I've got a couple built for you to see. I also have a few half built

Since that's not really the direction you are travelling, I could easily haul them up to Toronto

Too bad you won't be in town for TAVES;

Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show – TAVES
Old 30th August 2013, 01:58 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hello Guys,
I've fixed the dates for Canada

Hi Tyson - I'm landing at 3pm Toronto time on September 11th, driving to Hamilton that day. Returning to Toronto on morning of 13th. Will leave Toronto for Ottawa and Quebec City on Sunday 15th. Hoping this give us time to meet up: email me on: support@markaudio.com

Hi Robert,
I'm looking at either Thursday or Friday 19th and 20th to be in/around Halifax. can you email me (Thanks): support@markaudio.com

Hi Dave (Planet 10) Chris B,
I'll fly into Vanouver on 26th Sept. Will you have time to meet on 28th? I can drove over to Victoria. Bob Reimer has kindly invited me to a vintage show on the 29th. Drop me a line on: support@markaudio.com

Anyone else who'd like to say "hello", hoping you can join Tyson, Robert, Chris+Dave or the Vintage show (Bob R hs details) as I'm already spread pretty thin geographically, got allot of ground to cover.

Hoping we can firm up dates/timing this coming week - cheers.

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 30th August 2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old 30th August 2013, 04:28 PM   #10
chrisb is online now chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

you're gonna have a pretty full dance card - hopefully the weather is hospitable for some nice sightseeing in Vancouver area and on the boat ride over

there could even be enough of an Alpair fan-boy crowd hereabouts that a small meeting hall might need to be reserved

careful what you wish for

Hide this!Advertise here!