Markaudio Alpair 10.3 OB with H-frame Eminence - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 28th October 2013, 12:04 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Here is the in-room response 1/6 octave smoothed. Sounds pretty good. I'd like the take these out to measure outdoors, I'd still like to deal with the dipole peak and rolloff, as well as any other anomalies.

I did add a couple of things to the Mini DSP Crossover -- first I added some delay to the LF driver using the out-of-phase null method (i.e. flip the phase of the LF driver in the MiniDSP program and adjust the delay until you get the biggest null at the X-over point), then flip the phase back. The drivers are time-aligned. I dropped the HF response a bit using a -1.5 db 1.5kHz shelving low-pass filter. Also did a broad -4 dB peak filter at 60 Hz (as you can see I have quite a bit of bass build up in my listening room). Also added back in my 25 Hz Q 2.2 peak filter to extended the low bass a bit.

Here is the response in-room. Since, I often listen at pretty low volumes, I don't mind the extra bass response. It sounds pretty balanced to my ears. I am getting nice summing at the x-over point, which is what I want.
Attached Images
File Type: png MeasuredResponseInRoom.png (109.5 KB, 216 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!