Pensils for Alpair 10.3 & Alpair 10p - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 14th September 2013, 03:16 PM   #61
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

The Dayton plates have been selected.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 14th September 2013, 08:02 PM   #62
mp9 is online now mp9  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
The Dayton plates have been selected.
Good choice.

I especially like the look of the black anodized aluminum but can see they won't couple well with my CablePods.

I ordered .250 1/4" 4"x4" Aluminum sheet plate from ebay. I will drill them to spec -
250 1 4" Mill Finish Aluminum Sheet Plate 6061 4" x 4" | eBay
Old 14th September 2013, 11:46 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

Yes, the black plates 091-602 I believe and the BPP-Premium gold binding posts to suit.

I've doubled up on the front baffle just behind the driver only, as that's what I had in the scrap pile. But seem to have lost the relevant router bit so I'll have to wait for a trip to the store now. In the meantime I'm starting to glue up the side panels to the rear panel. The front panel will be glued in after routing. Then I'll do some simple braces from the scrap bits and finally the top and bottom can go on ( I modified the design to allow the top and bottom to go on last).

The drivers are slowly cooking at my friends house, he says they don't sound promising, somewhat metallic. Well, pretty much what I'd expect for a raw driver fresh from it's birth. It'll loosen up and the sound will fill out nicely in the box - judging by what others have to say.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 14th September 2013, 11:55 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
The drivers are slowly cooking at my friends house, he says they don't sound promising, somewhat metallic.
Didn't you say he liked paper coned drivers, or was that someone else?

jeff
Old 19th September 2013, 08:45 PM   #65
diyAudio Member

Yes I did say that, but he ended up selecting the metal cones based on the good reports he has read about them. They are cooking nicely, already showing quite a bit of improvement.
Old 31st January 2014, 04:57 AM   #66
McDark is offline McDark  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to McDark
Just got hands on 10M3 and 10P, gonna try them both with different class D and compare.

And er... just noticed, what exactly this 812mm(31 31/32) dimension should be linked to? In 7.3 design alike dimension gives driver center height off floor. Seems to me it should be corrected or maybe just removed as front panel height can be achieved anyway from back panel height and port size.
Old 31st January 2014, 05:52 AM   #67
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDark View Post
... what exactly this 812mm(31 31/32) dimension should be linked to...
Thanx, fixed.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!