Alpair 10P: Preview - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 18th May 2013, 01:08 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivates View Post
Wine, song...is there one other mystery that fits (or doesn't fit) in here?
No.
Old 18th May 2013, 03:39 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,
Some of the first 10M's and 10P's are going to MLC in Japan. They make rather nice cabinets, tasty price though! (1,380,000 Yen = US$13,453 at todays rates)

See attached pic of their "Xseed A10" system, will trial both Alp10M (metal) and 10P (paper) drivers in the next 2 weeks, prior to main launch in Tokyo.

Cheers
Mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xseed.jpg (124.6 KB, 580 views)
Old 18th May 2013, 04:32 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Hi Guys,
Some of the first 10M's and 10P's are going to MLC in Japan. They make rather nice cabinets, tasty price though! (1,380,000 Yen = US$13,453 at todays rates)

See attached pic of their "Xseed A10" system, will trial both Alp10M (metal) and 10P (paper) drivers in the next 2 weeks, prior to main launch in Tokyo.

Cheers
Mark.
Those are interesting. Any info on the cabinet size / construction?
Old 18th May 2013, 11:23 AM   #54
mp9 is offline mp9  United States
diyAudio Member

1320mmx300mmx429mm cabinet.
Rear firing slot loaded vent looks to incorporate a pannel along it's top edge which may possibly be adjustable to tune LF extension.
Driver mounted from within, onto a wave guide. Baffle may be decoupled.
Dimensions appear to be similar to a Super Pencil.
Curious to see anechoic and or in room measurements if available. Also like to know what others here would expect the wave guide to accomplish, advantages and disadvantages of such?
Old 18th May 2013, 07:26 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

The MLC website has more info, mleacabinet.com i suggest entering it into a google search translate.
Some of my guess's were a little off...better for you to read about it on their site.
Google Translate
Old 18th May 2013, 07:30 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp9 View Post
The MLC website has more info, mleacabinet.com i suggest entering it into a google search translate.
I just selected "English" off the top of the home page.

BTW, thanks to Mark for posting up the TS numbers.

jeff

Last edited by vinylkid58; 18th May 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 18th May 2013, 09:30 PM   #57
gassit is offline gassit  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hello Mark,

Always enjoy reading your posts.

In your travels to Japan have you ever come across a Japanese DIY loudspeaker magazine or website that's in English?

I love the Japanese attention/obsession with details and it's really frustrating not to be able to read Japanese.

Thanks!
Old 18th May 2013, 10:57 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylkid58 View Post
I just selected "English" off the top of the home page.

BTW, thanks to Mark for posting up the TS numbers.

jeff
...i missed that, lol

Scratch that, there's allot more info using the default Japanese site put thru google translate.

For example, "Front Horn after all": Google Translate Click on the top half of the web site home page above the language options bar, then scroll down to "posted on April 25 2013 and click on the title "Front Horn After All", you'll find RME DIGICheck Spectral Analyser plots with and without front horn, (just what i was looking for)...

Last edited by mp9; 18th May 2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 19th May 2013, 02:53 AM   #59
diyAudio Member

Hello Mark, What differences and similarities are you hearing between the 10P and 12P Gen 2? Looking forward to your new drivers!
Old 19th May 2013, 03:36 AM   #60
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMountain View Post
Hello Mark, What differences and similarities are you hearing between the 10P and 12P Gen 2? Looking forward to your new drivers!
Hi NewMountain, Guys,
The technical differences are size and suspension design. The 12P relies on its rear suspension for all mechanical oscillatory control. The 10P suspensions operate together, although both are extremely low damped.

In terms of "listening" experience, the 10P cone is similar in design to the 12P, so along with the 6P, we have a family of drivers which have similar tone and pitch characteristics.

Of these 3 paper coned drivers, the 10P (like its metal sister) will likely be the most versatile in terms of variety of adaptable box designs. Although its been very interesting to see how well the 12P has been used in a variety of box types from MLTL to BR's and slots.

One point to raise again re the 10P, I have really pushed the boat out in terms of mass reduction while maintaining low resistance low throw suspension design. You can get decent LF oscillation from the 10P's, please remember they remain classic full-rangers i.e. they are lighter load units. All 10P's come with built-in arrestors designed to help protect the drivers from accidental over-load.

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 19th May 2013 at 03:38 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!