Alpair 10P: Preview - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 4th August 2013, 07:37 PM   #111
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much indeed! Lovely.
Old 4th August 2013, 10:32 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

Is it me, or could those diagrams be wrong?

In so much as it looks like the 10P goes lower than the 12P. Can't be right, can it? Could they be wrongly labelled and basically swapped?
Old 4th August 2013, 10:55 PM   #113
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Yes A10p goes lower then A12.2p. A10.3 goes lower than A10p. A10.2 goes lower than 10.3.

dave
Old 5th August 2013, 03:10 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloff70 View Post

Mark? Any thoughts on putting a 10P in a smallish closed box about 12-15L as a luxury Auratone type studio monitor would be appreciated. Are they too easy to destroy for that task? Because the way you describe them 'murdering' anything but great recordings sounds ideal beyond belief for the task!
Hi Karl, guys
Apologies for later replies, I'm in the middle of building 3000 Alpair 10 drivers for a company in Finland. Got to complete this production be end of next week.

RE small(ish) closed boxes for studio monitor purposes, I'm not sure exactly what your trying to achieve. If you want high power handling, single full rangers aren't a the right choice.

How big is your room space?
What's your amp?
Whats your source?
What sort of music do you play?
What's your listening distance?
How loud do you normally listen (low, moderate, or shredding your ear drums)?

Its important to assemble a "system" with marching components and fits your purpose. Doing it piece-meal runs risks and potential disappointment.

Thanks
Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 5th August 2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 5th August 2013, 03:17 AM   #115
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

3000!!!!
Old 5th August 2013, 05:56 AM   #116
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
3000!!!!
3100 to be exact + another 200+ Madisound order (more 10m, 10p, 12p, chr) + a load more for Japan..........phew
Old 5th August 2013, 08:00 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Yes A10p goes lower then A12.2p. A10.3 goes lower than A10p. A10.2 goes lower than 10.3.

dave
But what I meant is that on the schemos ALL the 10P volume variations go lower than the corresponding ones for the 12P with almost the same volume. Surely the 12P given same volume box would go lower, not the other way round?
Old 5th August 2013, 08:05 AM   #118
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloff70 View Post
Surely the 12P given same volume box would go lower, not the other way round?
Why?

dave
Old 5th August 2013, 08:06 AM   #119
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Hi Karl, guys
Apologies for later replies, I'm in the middle of building 3000 Alpair 10 drivers for a company in Finland. Got to complete this production be end of next week.

RE small(ish) closed boxes for studio monitor purposes, I'm not sure exactly what your trying to achieve. If you want high power handling, single full rangers aren't a the right choice.

How big is your room space?
What's your amp?
Whats your source?
What sort of music do you play?
What's your listening distance?
How loud do you normally listen (low, moderate, or shredding your ear drums)?

Its important to assemble a "system" with marching components and fits your purpose. Doing it piece-meal runs risks and potential disappointment.

Thanks
Mark.
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for coming back whilst being so busy. That is some order!! Good times!

I haven't got time right this minute to go into detail, but will come back to you.

It would be great however if you could confirm whether those two posted box volume plots for the 10P and 12P are indeed correct, as it seems to me they might have been swapped by accident? Why would the smaller driver go lower given the same closed box volume?
Old 5th August 2013, 08:11 AM   #120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Why?

dave
lol....well, from those it looks like the 10P basically reaches lower than the bigger 12P full stop. Smaller driver reaching lower than larger driver seems counter intuitive, is all.

Hide this!Advertise here!