Alpair 10 Generation 3 - metal cone - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 16th June 2013, 08:49 AM   #61
diyAudio Member

Hi Freddi,
Apologies I've had to delete your last post showing other makers drivers via your testing on the Markaudio commercial section of Diyaudio. It could put Markaudio and its brand owning company in a potentially difficult position in business trade terms.

Thanks
Mark.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:53 PM   #62
diyAudio Member

hi, I've been longing to try a pair of 10.3 for a couple of months now.. to when the arrival in Europe?
cheers,
AC
Old 18th June 2013, 10:20 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

Second that! Europe is waiting! Or at least some of us
Old 19th June 2013, 12:20 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

Chaps, re. the Europe question, Mark said this:

www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/-may-delivery-madisound
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:57 AM   #65
diyAudio Member

Thanks Simon, emailed a few days ago, fingers crossed
Old 28th June 2013, 04:21 AM   #66
diyAudio Member

Hello Chaps,
I've finally found enough time to get the anechoic off axis testing done using our top draw mic.

Please see (download) the attached PDF (gold cone version). Apologies for any typo or other errors, I'm bit tired at this time, under doc's order to rest but I keep reminding them I have to work to pay their large bills! Let me know if you see anything glaringly wrong: email: support@markaudio.com

I'm personally pleased with the 10M Gen.3. I've spent allot of time with this driver in recent weeks. For my ears, its one of the most balanced drivers I've designed of late. But I can't take most of the credit this time. Evan Yu stepped into the breach while I was under the surgeons' knife (ouch!). Me thinks this apprentice is fast becoming a master of full-ranger science/art.

Naturally, your the guys that really count as you'll be using these drivers over time. We've done our best to answer criticisms of the Gen.2 in regard to its less involved high frequency performance. This new driver is doing more in that department.

I would say that those familiar with the Alpair 7 Gen. 3 will think if this driver as its potential bigger brother. Tone, pitch and tempo remain clean/sweet, not over-bright and now the top end is doing more, the whole experience seems to be "au natural".

Apologies this isn't normally my style but of late I'm bending my mechanical engineers rules a tad given my current situation, being partly grounded by the doctors.

Anyway, enjoy!

Cheers
Mark.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alpair10M Gold Gen3.pdf (575.1 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by markaudio; 28th June 2013 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo fix
Old 28th June 2013, 04:29 AM   #67
diyAudio Member

Hi Chaps,
Here's the grey cone version PDF.
Thx
M
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alpair10M Grey Gen3.pdf (584.6 KB, 142 views)
Old 28th June 2013, 08:22 AM   #68
zman01 is online now zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Mark,

If it sounds like a bigger brother to the Alp 7.3 (same kind of mid-range and HF magic, with more SPL capability, slam, and LF extension), then it should be pretty delightful!
Old 28th June 2013, 10:38 AM   #69
diyAudio Member

Very consistent off-axis behaviour; that flat cone profile is obviously helping. Nice job Mark.
Old 28th June 2013, 04:43 PM   #70
diyAudio Member

Alpair 10.3 bass reflex stand-mount I worked up a month or so back. I thought about doing a smaller box, but eventually decided to stick with the same basic enclosure as the 10P design I did over on the other thread; it's just uses a longer vent duct to tune 5Hz lower, as the 10.3 prefers. This also means there is an opportunity for driver-rolling between the metal and paper cone models, since you can simply swap out the drivers & vents.

Note: like the 10P box, this is provided for DIY use only. The design remains my property. For any other activity, e.g. commercial, please contact me.
Attached Images
File Type: png 10.3 BR.PNG (29.5 KB, 508 views)
File Type: gif A10.3 BR FR.gif (33.1 KB, 496 views)
File Type: gif A10.3 BR Impedance.gif (28.1 KB, 491 views)
File Type: gif A10.3 BR Cone deflection.gif (23.0 KB, 488 views)
File Type: gif A10.3 BR step response.gif (26.9 KB, 483 views)
File Type: gif A10.3 BR vent air-velocity.gif (22.8 KB, 97 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!