diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Markaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/)
-   -   Alpair 7 Maop (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/228605-alpair-7-maop.html)

HPH 25th January 2013 12:33 PM

Alpair 7 Maop

Hi Mr.Mark,
Please advice how the sound of alpair 7 Maop as I can't see more infos of this one in forum.
Thanks

Scottmoose 25th January 2013 12:52 PM

Mark is currently in hospital being treated for cancer, so he may not be able to reply very quickly. The MAOP units have been mostly sold in Japan; only a handful are outside that nation at the moment, so there are few user reports. If you search the Japanese audio forums, you may find some additional information.

chrisb 25th January 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPH (Post 3341532)
Hi Mr.Mark,
Please advice how the sound of alpair 7 Maop as I can't see more infos of this one in forum.
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottmoose (Post 3341551)
Mark is currently in hospital being treated for cancer, so he may not be able to reply very quickly. The MAOP units have been mostly sold in Japan; only a handful are outside that nation at the moment, so there are few user reports. If you search the Japanese audio forums, you may find some additional information.

One pair of those arrive casa chrisb this Wednesday - now I just have to muster the courage to man-handle them into an existing pair of stand mount boxes, and fire them up over the weekend. They will of course be stone cold stock, no break-in hours, etc, and my direct reference will be well tempered 7.2s with the full magic polka dot treatment in an entirely different enclosure, so the first couple of hundred hours will be an interesting ride.

vinylkid58 25th January 2013 06:43 PM

Luckeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You could accidentally install them in my bamboo Mar-ken's for the break-in period.;)

jeff

chrisb 25th January 2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinylkid58 (Post 3342041)
Luckeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You could accidentally install them in my bamboo Mar-ken's for the break-in period.;)

jeff

is there a noise in here?

Oh, I'll stumble through it

planet10 25th January 2013 07:15 PM

Tuning in the boxes Chris have is closer to optimum. 1st boxes he asked after were my bamboo boxes.

These drivers look absoulutly beautiful, like fresh frost on a smooth surface.

I believe that something like 12-25 pair of these exist to date... and almost all of those in Japan.

dave

buzzforb 25th January 2013 07:19 PM

I have a pair arranged as soon as Mark returns. Thoroughly looking forward to them, although I am interested to hear of comparisons to eNabled versions.

Scottmoose 25th January 2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 3342090)
These drivers look absoulutly beautiful, like fresh frost on a smooth surface.

I like the analogy. :)

HPH 27th January 2013 03:26 AM

Hi Scott, Chrisb,
Thanks for your information. Since you have a chance to listned 10Maop, can you please how the sound to compare to standard. Also, can we put Maop 10, 7 in to pensil 10.2 or FHmk3?
Thanks

planet10 27th January 2013 04:28 AM

Scott has the MOAP 10 (1 of 2 outside Japan or the factory). We (ie Chris) has the 7.

dave