Health challenge - Page 16 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 20th March 2013, 10:05 AM   #151
ktuuri is offline ktuuri  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
940 - good car! I like the 740's and 940's allot.

Your link is cool! Great car. Here's what I used to drive (mine version had the 2 litre B20B engine). The link sometimes has an advert come up first, click past it to see the car video.

Tracktest Volvo Amazon 123 GT: Dieser betagte Schwede hat Hummeln im Hintern - YouTube
Hey now that is a Cool car. I love the older Classic Cars, they had style back then. Love that two tone paint scheme as well, guy did a very nice job of restoring it.

It must have been a Blast racing these vintage pieces!
Old 21st March 2013, 09:50 AM   #152
golfnut is offline golfnut  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I'm glad you are on the mend Mark.

Some thoughts...

For the most part, So Called Alternative Medicines (SCAMs) are mostly harmless, but there are risky ones.

I'd avoid the chinese natural medicines, quite a high percentage (20-30%) these days are found to be spiked with western medicines. There is a risk of complications with any treatment you might be prescribed by your oncologist or GP. Also this tells you how much faith they have in their own treatments.

Another odd one is high dose vitamins. There are hints in recent research that high doses of vitamin C, A and E (1000X rdd) are carcinogenic, though strangely A and E together do not seem to be. Certainly there is no evidence of any benefits beyond about 2 X recomended daily dose - a good balanced diet is sufficient unless you have some digestive disorder.

It seems whatever keeps your imune system functioning well; good diet, good sleep, regular excercise, enough stress to keep life interesting (but no more), is best. So pick your battles, and take time to enjoy your fine products.

best wishes
Rod
Old 21st March 2013, 04:27 PM   #153
diyAudio Member

It has been shown statiscally that a positive outlook, overall good health and fitness, except for the cancer that is affecting folks like you and me, can improve survival rates by 20-30%.

All drug tests include giving 50% of patients a placebo.ie nothing of any medical value. In every drug trial there is a small percentage of patients who are given the placebo get better. The placebo effect is real. So if you can convince yourself that you will get better, you will get better. Or in our case keep those pesky cancer cells from forming more tumors.

I now have had 2 calls from my doc that it was time for follow up checks to see if the cancer has come back. Yeah a couple of sleepless nights and a cold sweat in the waiting room waiting for him too open the folder and say "your are ok, see you in 6 months" A celebration and a sense of a great weight off my back.

Be positive and live long
Old 30th March 2013, 11:50 AM   #154
diyAudio Member

med search engine

Medical Information & Trusted Health Advice: Healthline
Old 30th March 2013, 10:57 PM   #155
mauri99 is offline mauri99  Italy
diyAudio Member

My very best wishes to you for a quick and full recovery
Maurizio
Old 31st March 2013, 12:13 PM   #156
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
I'm glad you are on the mend Mark.

Some thoughts...

For the most part, So Called Alternative Medicines (SCAMs) are mostly harmless, but there are risky ones.

I'd avoid the chinese natural medicines, quite a high percentage (20-30%) these days are found to be spiked with western medicines. There is a risk of complications with any treatment you might be prescribed by your oncologist or GP. Also this tells you how much faith they have in their own treatments.

Another odd one is high dose vitamins. There are hints in recent research that high doses of vitamin C, A and E (1000X rdd) are carcinogenic, though strangely A and E together do not seem to be. Certainly there is no evidence of any benefits beyond about 2 X recomended daily dose - a good balanced diet is sufficient unless you have some digestive disorder.

It seems whatever keeps your imune system functioning well; good diet, good sleep, regular excercise, enough stress to keep life interesting (but no more), is best. So pick your battles, and take time to enjoy your fine products.

best wishes
Rod
Hello Rod,
Greetings and many thanks for your observations, well thought out. I'm pretty much on the track you've described, improved diet, regular exercise (building gradually). Now looking into Chinese Medicine and also taking Vit C etc.. Rest is something I'm not good at, so will have to improve in this department.

The Xeloda (Chemo) has been given a miss. The latest oncologist has pretty much steered me away from it. His thinking is that I'm likely to gain more overall benefit by working diet, fitness, lifestyle optimisation. If cancer returns and spreads, then it chemo time, but I'm not in this situation so we'll hold off this form of treatment.

Hope to see you again, wanting to get to NZ soonest possible!

Cheers
Mark.
Old 31st March 2013, 12:18 PM   #157
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multisync View Post
It has been shown statiscally that a positive outlook, overall good health and fitness, except for the cancer that is affecting folks like you and me, can improve survival rates by 20-30%.

All drug tests include giving 50% of patients a placebo.ie nothing of any medical value. In every drug trial there is a small percentage of patients who are given the placebo get better. The placebo effect is real. So if you can convince yourself that you will get better, you will get better. Or in our case keep those pesky cancer cells from forming more tumors.

I now have had 2 calls from my doc that it was time for follow up checks to see if the cancer has come back. Yeah a couple of sleepless nights and a cold sweat in the waiting room waiting for him too open the folder and say "your are ok, see you in 6 months" A celebration and a sense of a great weight off my back.

Be positive and live long
Thanks Multi,
Glad to know you're alright. I'm certain improving lifestyle helps our survival chances.
With you on the "positive thinking" idea!
Cheers
Mark.
Old 31st March 2013, 12:20 PM   #158
diyAudio Member

Hi Nicoch, Mauri, Guys,
Cheers for sticking with me, feeding any health info and thanks for the continuing best wishes. Much welcome.
Cheers
Mark.
Old 31st March 2013, 02:48 PM   #159
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
The Xeloda (Chemo) has been given a miss. The latest oncologist has pretty much steered me away from it. His thinking is that I'm likely to gain more overall benefit by working diet, fitness, lifestyle optimisation. If cancer returns and spreads, then it chemo time, but I'm not in this situation so we'll hold off this form of treatment.

Well done
Old 31st March 2013, 03:57 PM   #160
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
In addition to working diet, fitness, lifestyle optimisation there are vitamin D3..
I would suggest 30.000IU pr. day (my current dosage level) as a start and a reduction to 10.000IU pr. day later.

Vitamin D3 have several effects that protects against and cures cancer.
The immune system improves.
The calcium blood level and calcium tissue level are reduced due to the calcium then are moved to your bones.
High calcium levels are reducing the effect of mitrocondia - mitrocondia are your cells energy source.
Vitamin D3 also kills cancer by angeniosis - removes blood supply to the cancer.
There are much informations regarding vitamin D3 available.

There are also LDN... LDN and Cancer
The long-term survival of a patient with ... [Integr Cancer Ther. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

Both vitamin D3 and LDN are "banned" by the medical industry because they both actually cures patients and most important - it is not enough money to be earned..

Hide this!Advertise here!