Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 25th February 2013, 02:07 AM   #111
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

That's what Mom used to say.
Old 26th February 2013, 04:48 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

Great show of motivation to start walking Mark! I'm impressed. Keep up the good work and speedy recovery.
Have you tried accupuncture? I use it after every operation to relieve aches and pains. It works for me but YMMV.
When Lance Armstrong was recovering he attempted many bicycle rides. I remember reading that it involved many stop and rest breaks. Strength build from action so keep it up.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:02 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airkitty View Post
Great show of motivation to start walking Mark! I'm impressed. Keep up the good work and speedy recovery.
Have you tried accupuncture? I use it after every operation to relieve aches and pains. It works for me but YMMV.
When Lance Armstrong was recovering he attempted many bicycle rides. I remember reading that it involved many stop and rest breaks. Strength build from action so keep it up.
Hello AirK, Guys,
I'm willing to try pretty much anything to help improve my situation.

I did a 5Km walk last Monday on a steep hill-side. The rout has 170 steep steps. I felt good, bit tired, but paid for it for most of this week as I put the internal re-section wound under too much pressure. I've since been in some pain most of the week, gradually decreasing thank the gods. I suspect the Doc won't be too pleased with me at tomorrows check-up.

Very frustrating, I hate sitting around, but somehow I've got to figure out better pace and timing while introducing a new fitness program. Rests are clearly important and knowing when to stop and how much to exercise (something I'm hopeless at doing) is critical. At this moment, I'm operating Markaudio around 80% of my typical daily capacity. The Doc's already told my to ease back but resting watching boring daytime TV isn't my idea of "life"!

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...............

Cheers
Mark

Last edited by markaudio; 28th February 2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:41 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

"Steep?" You're just like the rest of us after all! Doing it our way! Don't!
Old 28th February 2013, 01:57 AM   #115
borispm is offline borispm  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to borispm
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Hello AirK, Guys,
I'm willing to try pretty much anything to help improve my situation.

I did a 5Km walk last Monday on a steep hill-side. The rout has 170 steep steps. I felt good, bit tired, but paid for it for most of this week as I put the internal re-section wound under too much pressure. I've since been in some pain most of the week, gradually decreasing thank the gods. I suspect the Doc won't be too pleased with me at tomorrows check-up.

Very frustrating, I hate sitting around, but somehow I've got to figure out better pace and timing while introducing a new fitness program. Rests are clearly important and knowing when to stop and how much to exercise (something I'm hopeless at doing) is critical. At this moment, I'm operating Markaudio around 80% of my typical daily capacity. The Doc's already told my to ease back but resting watching boring daytime TV isn't my idea of "life"!

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...............

Cheers
Mark
Mark, I guess a gentle stroll around the Victoria Peak will do, don't go too far with the exercise. Take care.
Old 12th March 2013, 06:22 AM   #116
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Mark,

How are you doing ?
Now resting at home, or already back to full strength.

Wishing you speedy recovery,
Patrick
Old 12th March 2013, 08:34 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUVL View Post
Mark,
How are you doing ?
Now resting at home, or already back to full strength.
Wishing you speedy recovery,
Patrick
Hello Patrick,
Good to hear from you. I'm doing pretty OK. Now doing faster(ish) walking around 6Km and 500 metre swims most days. Need it as I've got to replace allot of lost muscle mass and stamina. My surgeon would like me to "gently" re-start my mountain biking soon (Saikung Country Park). Still short of energy but its coming back. Doctors recon I need 6 months to full recovery. I aim to do it inside 4 to 5 months! Can't hang around, tonnes of work to do at the workshop bench.

Do you, or any of your HK family/friends who know a good oncologist in Hong Kong? I'm trying to find the right person, not a pill prescribing doctor, keen on earning his/her cut from the drug makers.

Cheers
Mark.
Old 12th March 2013, 09:28 AM   #118
diyAudio Member

Hi Mark,

Good to hear your recovery rests are driving you nuts, its a good sign, I'm sure you'll heed your body's warnings! But staying sane is hard when you aren't a couch potato. Whats the mountain biking like round Saikung? If you ever come back to the Marches I'd love to show you round the trails in the Forest of Dean

Simon
Old 12th March 2013, 10:00 AM   #119
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon dart View Post
Hi Mark,

Good to hear your recovery rests are driving you nuts, its a good sign, I'm sure you'll heed your body's warnings! But staying sane is hard when you aren't a couch potato. Whats the mountain biking like round Saikung? If you ever come back to the Marches I'd love to show you round the trails in the Forest of Dean

Simon
Hi Simon,
Good to hear from you. The biking in Saikung is Ok. Some challenging off road stuff (do that in 2 or 3 months time). On road is good. But I sure would love to with you in trails in the Dean!

Cheers
Mark.
Old 13th March 2013, 05:52 PM   #120
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

> Do you know a good oncologist in Hong Kong?

Need to ask around. Will take some time.

Patrick

Hide this!Advertise here!