Alpair12P build possible suggestions? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 21st January 2013, 01:44 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I heard the Superpensils with A12P and I liked them so much that I immediately bought a pair of A12P. during most normal music listening the bass should be sufficient, and they are already quite big!
I have not yet made enclosures for them, but previously did this simulation in WinISD (30 litres box tuned to 55hz, vent diameter 10.27cm, vent length 19.47 cm :
Click the image to open in full size.
Not theoretically ideal but the "hump and valley" curve is still pretty flat. Could be interesting.
Another good approach could be the small standmount boxes for the A12P (see thread in the fullrange section), combined with a sub. Since I meanwhile have a KRK sub in the computer room and I could move it to the living room a sit's overkill for my computer use, i am thinking that this could be a good approach. I should be able to adjust the sub to the A12P satellites in a good way. With a girlfriend who cares about loudspeaker size, this seems more and more the most suitable option for me...

Last edited by talaerts; 21st January 2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 21st January 2013, 02:12 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Thanks talaerts for the info! Good to see the graphs! I wanted to stay away from the SAT/SUB system for this room. If I was going that way, I think I'd try the 7.3 for the sats.

That said, might have to try that anyways as I'm really starting to like these drivers! I can't wait to get the 12P in a larger enclosure. There is something about this simplicity compared to the 3 way active system. I can't turn it up to do a comparison with my old system but, as of right now, I find nothing lacking. I hear ya on the space issue though. It's a nasty compromise because when I hear "lifestyle" system, awesome, large horns with unlimited headroom....the list goes on, but I don't think the wife hears the same thing with the word "lifestyle" hehe

Mike

Last edited by mikealanlee; 21st January 2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 21st January 2013, 04:02 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Mike, if you cut and glue a cardboard box of the size of the SuperPensil, I think that your wife may already complain. It is really pretty big. That's my only negative about it, the sound was beautiful.
I have come to think, however, that I would have preferred an A12P with lower sensitivity (and equal sound quality) that would be more at ease in a smaller box.

Hide this!Advertise here!