Alpair 7.3 HT - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 14th January 2013, 06:30 AM   #31
TiMBoZ is offline TiMBoZ  Australia
diyAudio Member

Wow! Really professional. Love the shape/concept. Classy build. Can I ask how the two drivers are wired?
Old 14th January 2013, 05:24 PM   #32
11opas is offline 11opas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the comments... They are wired in phase. (series)
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:12 AM   #33
jparker is offline jparker  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sweeeeet

Awesome dude! Did you have to compensate since running two drivers in the mains? I want to do the same thing when I get the money. Also, if I may, are you crossing over to the subs at the receiver or amp or straight through the speakers. Again awesome wish I could hear it. I bet you don't want to leave once you start listening. Lol.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:15 AM   #34
yai is offline yai  Germany
diyAudio Member

why is it called Henklemann? This is a Henkelmann: http://www.eichwaelder.de/Altes/henkelmann10.JPG
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:15 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

jparker: I have the subs crossed through my amp. Anything below 100hz the subs pick up. They integrate really well with the rest of the system. I would highly recommend the SEAS L26ROY subwoofer, best I have heard to this point. And if you need more output you can add a passive radiator in a small 40 litre cabinet... ( I have 2 of those in the works)

The Bi-pole mains are built fullrange and do well in smaller rooms without a sub. I am extremely happy with them... Imaging and soundstage is incredible!
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:17 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Yai: Henkelmann is my last name... Of German descent...
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:26 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the advice. I looked at the price and they are not too expensive 254 at Madisound so that's not too bad on the budget. I figured you had them crossed at the amp. that way. You can adjust as need be. I admire your craftsmanship. One of the best looking systems I have seen and I have seen a lot on the net. I can tell by looking that your room is a lot bigger than mine so the Alpairs wont be a concern with dynamics of the material I'll be listening to. I don't want to go over board on the subs but I can always open windows and doors lol. Let a little of the sound out. I might get the silver Alpairs as you did to compliment the subs too. Hope you don't mind me getting ideas off yours. Awesome man if I had a system like that I would not leave the house which is why I'm building mine close to retirement so I don't have to. Just kick back in sonic bliss and enjoy the last years I have.
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:38 PM   #38
yai is offline yai  Germany
diyAudio Member

concerning craftmanship: how did you do the round parts?
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:24 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

I should clarify. My amp high passes all speakers at 100 hz and my sub is controlled by its own plate amp. Crossover and volume for the sub can be adjusted as you please...

If your room is smaller then mine, one sub will be more then enough.. If you choose to make it a sealed cabinet then you can expect an F3 of around 45hz plus room gain... If run with its passive radiator mate, the F3 drops to below 30hz. All with nice clean, dry bass response...

Thanks for your nice comments! I am happy with the way they turned out...

The round corners are achieved with the translam ply (stacked ply) building method. Time consuming, but worth I think...
Old 23rd January 2013, 01:42 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Default My Yamaha

I have a Yamaha RX-V467 it came with a mike to calibrate speakers but I do it by my ears so as to my liking. I traded a computer monitor and a GTX 280 video card for it. It was still in the box. It has a crossover built in for the LFE and I got a split adapter so I can just run 2 subs off of it. I have been thinking about getting rid of the receiver and getting a power amp and connect straight to my computer. Using the sound card and Winamp program. Winamp has an EQ programed into it so I can adjust freqs. as need be.

Hide this!Advertise here!