diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Markaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/)
-   -   MADISOUND sale (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/225996-madisound-sale.html)

markaudio 19th December 2012 12:04 AM

MADISOUND sale

Hi Guys,
Brian (Madisound) and me are working together to organise 2013 stocks, so some of the existing stock is being discounted. Now's the time a get these drivers at lower prices:

Alpair 10 gen. 2 grey: The Madisound Speaker Store

CHBW: The Madisound Speaker Store

Cheers
Mark

larryldspkr 22nd December 2012 03:47 PM

Why are the grey ones on sale and not the golds? Are these being replaced by a third generation?

Larry

Scottmoose 22nd December 2012 10:26 PM

Presumably because they happen to have more of them. That's the usual reason.

planet10 23rd December 2012 01:15 AM

In NA the copper seem to be much more popular. In the UK the Audi Grey.

dave

chrisb 23rd December 2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryldspkr (Post 3295344)
Why are the grey ones on sale and not the golds? Are these being replaced by a third generation?

Larry

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 3295919)
In NA the copper seem to be much more popular. In the UK the Audi Grey.

dave

Well only Mark could speak authoritatively to the question of if / when the 10.2 might be updated (beyond the limited release MAOP version) - but a betting man might be inclined to suspect other new models to arrive before then.

Mark?

larryldspkr 23rd December 2012 02:31 AM

Mark?

chrisb 23rd December 2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryldspkr (Post 3295969)
Mark?

is there an echo in here?

I think Mark's still catching his breath after the NZ / Oz roadshow, and speaking from experience, at " a certain age" that takes longer than one would like ;)

and what with the end of year celebrations, I'd be surprised to hear much from him 'til next week

larryldspkr 23rd December 2012 03:22 PM

It's comforting to see that Santa Mark has lots of little Elf helpers to mind the store while he is away delivering Christmas Cheer!

Larry

markaudio 26th December 2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryldspkr (Post 3295344)
Larry

Hi Larry, Guys,
Its a simple case of Madisound optimising their stock inventory prior to the next shipment.

There's no immediate plans to make 3rd/4th Generation Alpair 6, 7, 10 and 12's. There is a "tweak or 2" that will added to existing models, you all know I'm a tweakerholic:D.

My efforts are going into an Alpair 8, more on this in the early months of the new year.

Cheers
Mark.

chrisb 27th December 2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markaudio (Post 3300148)
Hi Larry, Guys,
Its a simple case of Madisound optimising their stock inventory prior to the next shipment.

There's no immediate plans to make 3rd/4th Generation Alpair 6, 7, 10 and 12's. There is a "tweak or 2" that will added to existing modes, you all know I'm a tweakerholic:D.

My efforts are going into an Alpair 8, more on this in the early months of the new year.

Cheers
Mark.

just when one thought they had all the enclosure designs and machining programs they needed ;)

thanks alot :)