Tower speakers for HT front and surround speakers (using CHR-70A) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 29th November 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tower speakers for HT front and surround speakers (using CHR-70A)

I'm searching around for the tower speakers using the CHR-70A for both front and surround speakers.

want to build them to look symmetry, slim and narrow (pensil like) with front speakers with the driver facing front, and the surround back speakers' driver facing upward.

If anyone have any idea or suggestion please do share.

also, gonna need suggestion for center speaker and subwoofer plan to match the set.

I'm thank you in advance.
^_^
Old 29th November 2012, 04:40 PM   #2
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowobody View Post
I'm searching around for the tower speakers using the CHR-70A for both front and surround speakers.

want to build them to look symmetry, slim and narrow (pensil like) with front speakers with the driver facing front, and the surround back speakers' driver facing upward.

If anyone have any idea or suggestion please do share.

also, gonna need suggestion for center speaker and subwoofer plan to match the set.

I'm thank you in advance.
^_^

if I read this correctly, you'd like the same enclosure size for fronts and rear surrounds? in which case one of the microtower series would likely serve better than Pensil - driver placement is critical in the latter

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10fr...aps-290412.pdf

in addition to a couple in the above plan set that would work for centers, there is a appendix for surrounds and centers

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10fr...dix-191209.pdf

try as I might, I've not got around to building every enclosure that Dave has sketched up
Old 29th November 2012, 05:43 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Tell us about the CHR70A. Mark has mentioned it in passing, but that is all we know.

dave
Old 29th November 2012, 06:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm gonna use these in an open and large space (living room) for 5.1 HT system.

and I want them to be very skinny (like wood column) with front drivers facing the listening space, and rear drivers facing up (for my personal opinion, I believe it should create a much wider sound space, or is it?)

Actually looking for plan like this but using the much larger drivers like 10 or 12 but couldn't find any.

anything to add is appreciate.

PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave. (I'm using : anick76 at gmail dot com)

Last edited by Mooly; 29th November 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: email address removed for safety
Old 29th November 2012, 06:28 PM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave.
In the queue. Catching up from yesterday.

dave
Old 29th November 2012, 06:33 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm gonna use these in an open and large space (living room) for 5.1 HT system.

and I want them to be very skinny (like wood column) with front drivers facing the listening space, and rear drivers facing up (for my personal opinion, I believe it should create a much wider sound space, or is it?)

Actually looking for plan like this but using the much larger drivers like 10 or 12 but couldn't find any.

anything to add is appreciate.

PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave. (I'm using : anick76 at gmail dot com)

Now the 2 different threads make a bit more sense - 2 different systems.

Would the space for 5.1 system allow for wall mounting of surrounds? If not, and you're looking for a wider spacious sound stage, the Castle version of Microtower might be worth considering.

Dave will probably have some other suggestions
Old 29th November 2012, 06:45 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I don't want to hang any speakers on the wall in this space. I want it to look as minimal as possible. That's the reason why want the rear speakers to be tower type.

^_^
Old 29th November 2012, 07:00 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don't want to hang any speakers on the wall in this space. I want it to look as minimal as possible. That's the reason why want the rear speakers to be tower type.

^_^

well then, I'll stick with my suggestion of the Castle format - if larger drivers would be deemed more appropriate due to room size, I can't imagine it would take much to get Dave to recycle some more pixels
Old 29th November 2012, 07:13 PM   #9
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Larger drivers = fatter towers?
Old 29th November 2012, 07:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Larger drivers = fatter towers?
I'm aware of that, too. just in case the CHR is not big enough to cover my space, going for the bigger drivers is neccessary.

(I will get to this space after my other room anyway, so I can try it out ffirst before building this set later.)

Hide this!Advertise here!