Tower speakers for HT front and surround speakers (using CHR-70A) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Tower speakers for HT front and surround speakers (using CHR-70A)

I'm searching around for the tower speakers using the CHR-70A for both front and surround speakers.

want to build them to look symmetry, slim and narrow (pensil like) with front speakers with the driver facing front, and the surround back speakers' driver facing upward.

If anyone have any idea or suggestion please do share.

also, gonna need suggestion for center speaker and subwoofer plan to match the set.

I'm thank you in advance.
^_^
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 04:40 PM   #2
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: victoria BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowobody View Post
I'm searching around for the tower speakers using the CHR-70A for both front and surround speakers.

want to build them to look symmetry, slim and narrow (pensil like) with front speakers with the driver facing front, and the surround back speakers' driver facing upward.

If anyone have any idea or suggestion please do share.

also, gonna need suggestion for center speaker and subwoofer plan to match the set.

I'm thank you in advance.
^_^

if I read this correctly, you'd like the same enclosure size for fronts and rear surrounds? in which case one of the microtower series would likely serve better than Pensil - driver placement is critical in the latter

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10fr...aps-290412.pdf

in addition to a couple in the above plan set that would work for centers, there is a appendix for surrounds and centers

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10fr...dix-191209.pdf


try as I might, I've not got around to building every enclosure that Dave has sketched up
__________________
you don't really believe everything you think, do you?
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com commercial site planet10-HiFi
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 05:43 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Tell us about the CHR70A. Mark has mentioned it in passing, but that is all we know.

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 06:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I'm gonna use these in an open and large space (living room) for 5.1 HT system.

and I want them to be very skinny (like wood column) with front drivers facing the listening space, and rear drivers facing up (for my personal opinion, I believe it should create a much wider sound space, or is it?)

Actually looking for plan like this but using the much larger drivers like 10 or 12 but couldn't find any.

anything to add is appreciate.

PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave. (I'm using : anick76 at gmail dot com)

Last edited by Mooly; 29th November 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: email address removed for safety
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 06:28 PM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowobody View Post
PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave.
In the queue. Catching up from yesterday.

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 06:33 PM   #6
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: victoria BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowobody View Post
I'm gonna use these in an open and large space (living room) for 5.1 HT system.

and I want them to be very skinny (like wood column) with front drivers facing the listening space, and rear drivers facing up (for my personal opinion, I believe it should create a much wider sound space, or is it?)

Actually looking for plan like this but using the much larger drivers like 10 or 12 but couldn't find any.

anything to add is appreciate.

PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave. (I'm using : anick76 at gmail dot com)


Now the 2 different threads make a bit more sense - 2 different systems.

Would the space for 5.1 system allow for wall mounting of surrounds? If not, and you're looking for a wider spacious sound stage, the Castle version of Microtower might be worth considering.

Dave will probably have some other suggestions
__________________
you don't really believe everything you think, do you?
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com commercial site planet10-HiFi
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 06:45 PM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I don't want to hang any speakers on the wall in this space. I want it to look as minimal as possible. That's the reason why want the rear speakers to be tower type.

^_^
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 07:00 PM   #8
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: victoria BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowobody View Post
I don't want to hang any speakers on the wall in this space. I want it to look as minimal as possible. That's the reason why want the rear speakers to be tower type.

^_^

well then, I'll stick with my suggestion of the Castle format - if larger drivers would be deemed more appropriate due to room size, I can't imagine it would take much to get Dave to recycle some more pixels
__________________
you don't really believe everything you think, do you?
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com commercial site planet10-HiFi
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 07:13 PM   #9
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dhaka
Larger drivers = fatter towers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 07:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Larger drivers = fatter towers?
I'm aware of that, too. just in case the CHR is not big enough to cover my space, going for the bigger drivers is neccessary.

(I will get to this space after my other room anyway, so I can try it out ffirst before building this set later.)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY virtual surround / 5.1 speakers front placement pelanj Multi-Way 8 4th December 2008 08:57 PM
HT Surround Speakers Viking552 Multi-Way 20 21st February 2007 12:21 AM
very near field HT surround speakers metaldwarf Multi-Way 21 20th January 2006 03:37 AM
3 Way HT Front Speakers Using Tang Band W3-871S pietschu Multi-Way 0 9th May 2004 08:00 PM
searching software to switch front speakers to rear and rear to front!-dolby surround MCM Everything Else 6 6th February 2004 09:29 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2