Tower speakers for HT front and surround speakers (using CHR-70A)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm searching around for the tower speakers using the CHR-70A for both front and surround speakers.

want to build them to look symmetry, slim and narrow (pensil like) with front speakers with the driver facing front, and the surround back speakers' driver facing upward.

If anyone have any idea or suggestion please do share.

also, gonna need suggestion for center speaker and subwoofer plan to match the set.

I'm thank you in advance.
^_^

I'm searching around for the tower speakers using the CHR-70A for both front and surround speakers.

want to build them to look symmetry, slim and narrow (pensil like) with front speakers with the driver facing front, and the surround back speakers' driver facing upward.

If anyone have any idea or suggestion please do share.

also, gonna need suggestion for center speaker and subwoofer plan to match the set.

I'm thank you in advance.
^_^

if I read this correctly, you'd like the same enclosure size for fronts and rear surrounds? in which case one of the microtower series would likely serve better than Pensil - driver placement is critical in the latter

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10free/microTower-maps-290412.pdf

in addition to a couple in the above plan set that would work for centers, there is a appendix for surrounds and centers

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10free/MT-HT-Appendix-191209.pdf

try as I might, I've not got around to building every enclosure that Dave has sketched up

I'm gonna use these in an open and large space (living room) for 5.1 HT system.

and I want them to be very skinny (like wood column) with front drivers facing the listening space, and rear drivers facing up (for my personal opinion, I believe it should create a much wider sound space, or is it?)

Actually looking for plan like this but using the much larger drivers like 10 or 12 but couldn't find any.

anything to add is appreciate.

PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave. (I'm using : anick76 at gmail dot com)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna use these in an open and large space (living room) for 5.1 HT system.

and I want them to be very skinny (like wood column) with front drivers facing the listening space, and rear drivers facing up (for my personal opinion, I believe it should create a much wider sound space, or is it?)

Actually looking for plan like this but using the much larger drivers like 10 or 12 but couldn't find any.

anything to add is appreciate.

PS. Still waiting your reply on my last email, Dave. (I'm using : anick76 at gmail dot com)

Now the 2 different threads make a bit more sense - 2 different systems.

Would the space for 5.1 system allow for wall mounting of surrounds? If not, and you're looking for a wider spacious sound stage, the Castle version of Microtower might be worth considering.

Dave will probably have some other suggestions

I don't want to hang any speakers on the wall in this space. I want it to look as minimal as possible. That's the reason why want the rear speakers to be tower type.

^_^

well then, I'll stick with my suggestion of the Castle format - if larger drivers would be deemed more appropriate due to room size, I can't imagine it would take much to get Dave to recycle some more pixels ;)

I'm aware of that, too. just in case the CHR is not big enough to cover my space, going for the bigger drivers is neccessary.

(I will get to this space after my other room anyway, so I can try it out ffirst before building this set later.)

As Dave alluded in a previous post, until the T/S params for this new (special issue?) driver are known, it's rather a bit of conjecture to recommend particular enclosure style and number of drivers per each for this application.

Also note that whenever HT or 5.1 (or beyond) are mentioned, I think a lot of folks (myself certainly among them) assume employment of powered sub(s) that would permit the use of smaller drivers that are more readily accommodated in "skinny towers", or small wall mounts (such as the splayed surrounds mentioned in your other thread)

somehow I ended up with the Pensil-10.2 for my first pair of Markaudio's drivers, and they sound very nice.

I'll use them as my front speakers. Then I'll build one sealed box using Alpair-10 as center speaker, and a pair of Pensil R70.3 for the surround speakers.

to be continue...

^_^

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

looking good - sounds like you'll have a very decent "little" HT rig when the sawdust settles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.