|24th November 2012, 06:03 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Question regarding the terminals on theCHR 70 (Omnes Audio BB 4.AL)
I have an old pair of the nice looking black CHR 70s (Omnes Audio BB 4.AL) laying around. I would like to build some quick bookshelf cabinets with those for a friend of mine. While examining the driver I could not find any marks which terminal is positive and which terminal is negative.
I appreciate any hint. Thank you.
|24th November 2012, 06:26 PM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2011
It should be the first one counting from left side of the pic you have provided. Can you check the black part where the terminals are fixed? If you look carefully there should be a + and - sign engraved.
Besides you can do the following.
1. Connect a red wire to one terminal post of the Omnes BB4.AL
2. Connect white color wire on another post of the driver
3. Take a 1.5 volt AA or AAA battery
4. Make contact with negative end of battery and white wire and hold (keep contact)
5. Now make contact between positive terminal of the battery and red wire
6. If speaker cone moves forward (outward) then the speaker terminal with red wire is the + one
7. If speaker cone moves inward then the terminal with white wire connected is +
|24th November 2012, 09:31 PM||#3|
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
There should be a + and - on the black strip holding the terminals. Sometimes kinda hard to see.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Omnes Audio L8||inrank||Full Range||1||31st May 2008 07:48 PM|
|Omnes Audio L8 (UK)||inrank||Swap Meet||13||9th December 2006 08:27 PM|
|Omnes Audio L8 impressions||inrank||Full Range||26||30th October 2006 04:36 PM|
|Efficient sub for Omnes Audio L8's||inrank||Subwoofers||15||19th October 2006 01:05 PM|
|OB with Omnes Audio L8||inrank||Multi-Way||0||9th August 2006 01:36 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|