Alpair 7.3 vs 6.p in a bass reflex design! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 1st November 2012, 12:12 AM   #11
murio is offline murio  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I will probably build bassreflex design for 7.3. Because i want to be able to put them on my furniture. I move alot and in some rooms i dont have enough space!
Old 1st November 2012, 05:57 PM   #12
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murio View Post
I will probably build bassreflex design for 7.3. Because i want to be able to put them on my furniture. I move alot and in some rooms i dont have enough space!

Using 15mm material the dMar-Ken7 measures in at 245mm W x 221mm D x 354mm H - while the BR designs posted on Mark's site bracket those dimensions - some are wider, some shallower, some taller. To be fair, all are simpler to build than the MarKens, particularly the trapezoid versions.

I've noted before that I'm not particularly enamored of BR designs - several years ago we built a couple of pairs for purposes of direct comparison to resistive slot vented enclosures of nominally the same volume and tuning frequencies, so this isn't just supposition. I haven't heard any of the BR designs for this driver, but I'd bet my lunch on the performance characteristics. (OK, so it's a homemade vegan mock tuna sandwich on multigrain bread, so it wouldn't be much of a wager )
Old 2nd November 2012, 01:35 PM   #13
murio is offline murio  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Using 15mm material the dMar-Ken7 measures in at 245mm W x 221mm D x 354mm H - while the BR designs posted on Mark's site bracket those dimensions - some are wider, some shallower, some taller. To be fair, all are simpler to build than the MarKens, particularly the trapezoid versions.

I've noted before that I'm not particularly enamored of BR designs - several years ago we built a couple of pairs for purposes of direct comparison to resistive slot vented enclosures of nominally the same volume and tuning frequencies, so this isn't just supposition. I haven't heard any of the BR designs for this driver, but I'd bet my lunch on the performance characteristics. (OK, so it's a homemade vegan mock tuna sandwich on multigrain bread, so it wouldn't be much of a wager )
So where can i find plan to buld MarKens for 7.3? Thanks!
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:12 PM   #14
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murio View Post
So where can i find plan to buld MarKens for 7.3? Thanks!
email me. It is part of a paid planset.

There is a free Classic Golden Ratio version here: Frugal-phile | Box Library / Mark Audio

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!