diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Markaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/)
-   -   A12P bezel cover (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/222298-a12p-bezel-cover.html)

bqc 26th October 2012 09:11 PM

A12P bezel cover

The A12P came with cover that looks like it is already glued on? or do I need to glue it to secure it? How do you pop it off? it looks like it is on pretty tight

markaudio 26th October 2012 10:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Bqc (guys)
The Alpair 12P's front cover is bonded to the frame at the factory.

DON'T remove this cover.

The power train on this driver is particularly alignment sensitive, requiring cover and frame remaining together. In mechanical terms, the 12P is a "semi-free to air" design with the rear suspension doing the bulk of support/excursion - see Jpeg. So take your time when fitting this (and all Markaudio drivers for that matter) into your box:

1 - Make sure the mating surfaces are flat.
2 - Pilot drill the securing screw holes before fitting the driver.
3 - Carefully and evening tighten the securing screws. For those of you who are engineers, use a "star" sequential tightening pattern.
4 - DON't over-tighten the securing screws. Just a gentle nip-up is all that's needed. Power screw drivers aren't recommended. Use a good quality hand tool - see Jpeg.
5 - Use your eyes. Look low across the front baffle and front of frame. Check to see they are both level. Any distortion in the frame, ease the screw back a little until level.

Thanks
Mark.

Scottmoose 28th October 2012 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Are you saying I can't use my precision instruments Mark? :D

markaudio 28th October 2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottmoose (Post 3218948)
Are you saying I can't use my precision instruments Mark? :D

Ah yes, the "brummy screwdriver". That takes me back a while. :D

jpjones3318 14th July 2013 01:14 AM

I received a pair of 12P's from Madisound Friday from the latest production, and the covers were not glued on. Did something change where the alignment sensitivity is no longer as much of a concern?

Bob Brines 14th July 2013 01:47 AM

You have the option of using the cover of not. Mark recommends using the cover if possible. There is a sticky thread that discusses glueing the cover to the driver frame.

Bob

jpjones3318 14th July 2013 04:34 AM

Thanks Bob, and I understand that is the case with other MA drivers but the second post in this thread is from Mark saying the cover on the 12P is bonded at the factory because it is required due to alignment sensitivity.

Mine didn't come bonded. Why not?

KarlsMoody 14th July 2013 10:33 AM

Could anyone actually post a picture about this bezel cover?
A pair of 12Ps are on the way and i don't want to mess anything up upon receiving them.
Thanks

jpjones3318 18th July 2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpjones3318 (Post 3560763)
Thanks Bob, and I understand that is the case with other MA drivers but the second post in this thread is from Mark saying the cover on the 12P is bonded at the factory because it is required due to alignment sensitivity.

Mine didn't come bonded. Why not?

Bump... still looking for an answer.