highpassing alpairs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 23rd October 2012, 05:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default highpassing alpairs

could someone please post a circuit to highpass alpairs 7.2 to prevent over excursion and use the full 20w rms power. I will be using a sub with the setup. Probably 60hz or 80hz will be a good point. It probably will have to be second order as first will have too high values for the caps.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Doesn't your sub or receiver have a crossover? How about something like a Behringer CX2310. In the US at least I bought one for about the same money as the parts to build a 2nd order PLLXO for a highish frequency.

Many subwoofer plate amps have a second order highpass at ~125Hx from the high level speaker outs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doors666 View Post
could someone please post a circuit to highpass alpairs 7.2 to prevent over excursion and use the full 20w rms power. I will be using a sub with the setup. Probably 60hz or 80hz will be a good point. It probably will have to be second order as first will have too high values for the caps.
Old 24th October 2012, 01:30 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbike1 View Post
Doesn't your sub or receiver have a crossover? How about something like a Behringer CX2310. In the US at least I bought one for about the same money as the parts to build a 2nd order PLLXO for a highish frequency.

Many subwoofer plate amps have a second order highpass at ~125Hx from the high level speaker outs.
This is my desktop setup, using a topping amp. no space to keep the 2310, anyway the xo parts would be cheaper. the soundcard is 2 channel, no sub out.
my sub amp doesnt, its the jack hidley's foster plat amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!