Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 7th September 2012, 11:56 AM   #1
RickH is offline RickH  United States
diyAudio Member

Default CHP-70P (Gen2) Mounting questions

I am ready to order a pair and would like to know the screw diameter for mounting and the proper size quick connects for wiring. This will be my first build so I will likely try different cabinets and would rather use quick connects than solder, unless quick connects are not recommended. Thanks in advance!

Rick
Old 7th September 2012, 04:54 PM   #2
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH View Post
I am ready to order a pair and would like to know the screw diameter for mounting and the proper size quick connects for wiring. This will be my first build so I will likely try different cabinets and would rather use quick connects than solder, unless quick connects are not recommended. Thanks in advance!

Rick

Unless you're not comfortable with soldering, I'd highly recommend it over quick connects - considering the time required to carefully re & re the 4 mounting screws, how much time do you need to save?

As to the screw size, IINM the very nice mounting screws shipped with the drivers are a coarse thread M4 (you'll need a hex key) with non tapered shaft - I'd use a slightly larger pilot hole than for a tapered shaft (usually 5/32 or 9/64 in my case), and maybe even a little wax on the screw threads. Mark has engineered damping into the materials and design of the flanges and gaskets - these don't need to be "Linn tight" .
Old 7th September 2012, 05:28 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I do not recommended quick connects.

Dimensions for the driver can be found here http://frugal-phile.com/boxes-markaudio.html

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!