diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Markaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/)
-   -   Just ordered a set of Alpair 12P (Madisound USA) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/214512-just-ordered-set-alpair-12p-madisound-usa.html)

StevenZ 14th June 2012 10:17 PM

Just ordered a set of Alpair 12P (Madisound USA)

Hey guys, just got an email from Madisound that the 12P's are in stock and are moving quickly. I was told that more than half the shipment is sold already so I went ahead and snatched up a pair. I'm ridiculously excited to get the new pair in. Has anyone else here pulled the trigger yet?

Cheers,
Steven

BK Dymacel 14th June 2012 10:57 PM

I got the same email and frantically got my order in for a pair as well.
:D

toobhed 14th June 2012 11:26 PM

Yes, me too.....just put in the order and am chomping at the bit to build the A12.2P pencil....you've gotta love the relatively smaller footprint, especially in depth, of this design. I've built the A7.2 pencil and they continue to blow me away....
Mario

StevenZ 14th June 2012 11:34 PM

I've only used the 10.2 and 7.3. Can't wait to try Mark's flagship driver. I'm pulling out all the stops. This will be epic.

-Steven

markaudio 14th June 2012 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,
Adam at Madisound has asked me to illustrate the 12P's suspension principle as he anticipates allot of customer enquiry of this feature:

Please take a look at the illustration I've attached to this post

Note the following explanation sent to Adam:

The Spider (green) does the bulk of the support and excursive control. The rubber surround is the air seal and resonance damper. Its does very little physical suspension work. The principle is as follows:

1 - "Free to Air" refers to a driver with no rear suspension (spider).
2 - "Semi Free to Air" refers to a driver with a rear suspension (spider) as being the primary support/load bearing component, where the front suspension is physically incapable of offering any significant mechanical support to the driver's power-train.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mark.

PS: Please remember fellas - nice and gentle on the run-in:
NO artificial signal generation - soft gentle music only - low volumes for at least 100 hours
Drivers will optimise around the 700 to 800 hour operation mark.
Patience and care will yield much musical reward

StevenZ 14th June 2012 11:49 PM

Thanks Mark. That sure is a long run-in time. It will definitely be hard to control myself while these little guys are playing. Can you provide the cone area please?

-Steven

markaudio 15th June 2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenZ (Post 3059941)
Thanks Mark. That sure is a long run-in time. It will definitely be hard to control myself while these little guys are playing. Can you provide the cone area please?

-Steven

Hi Steven,
Oh yes, its a big cone/power-train so give time. You will reap the benefit of caring run-in and operation.

SD = 147.4 Cm/2. On the PDF download data sheets at:
Markaudio

ejfud 15th June 2012 06:28 PM

Thanks to the kindness of an audio buddy, I have a pair on the way. Should be here tomorrow!

mp9 15th June 2012 07:53 PM

Yep, my pair are due to arrive tomorrow:)

Monte Verdi 15th June 2012 09:08 PM

Mine are ordered as well, now looking for a box! Is BIB a possibility, or overkill?