Running an A7.3 at full power - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 17th July 2012, 07:36 AM   #91
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

OK. A7.3 and two RS225-4's it is.

Bob, any trials so far on your FAST combination?
Old 17th July 2012, 02:11 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
Was that with your A7's open baffle or the transmission lines?
The TL's. I was never happy with the sound of the OB's -- The reflections off of the back of the OB's screws up the imaging and gives an strange coming from everywhere sound that I don't like. I guess OB is like full-range. You either like or not with no in between.

Going to the TL's allows me to drop the XO from 300Hz to 150Hz LR4. The setup sound much better in the low mids this way.

Bob
Old 17th July 2012, 06:03 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

With your TL 7.3 high pass at 150Hz LR4, what are you using for the low pass on the Goldwood H frames? Do you think this combination has you close to your goal for full power output?
Old 17th July 2012, 06:10 PM   #94
diyAudio Member

Sorry to pester you with so many questions Bob, but did you find it necessary to reverse polarity on TL's vs H Frames?
Old 18th July 2012, 03:16 AM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
With your TL 7.3 high pass at 150Hz LR4, what are you using for the low pass on the Goldwood H frames? Do you think this combination has you close to your goal for full power output?
Quote:
Sorry to pester you with so many questions Bob, but did you find it necessary to reverse polarity on TL's vs H Frames?
The Goldwood's are also crossed at 150Hz LR4 same polarity. You can do wonders with a parametric EQ.

Bob
Old 23rd September 2012, 08:08 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Bob just wondering if you made any progress on the A7.3 with Daytons FAST idea? Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 24th September 2012, 01:05 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

I haven't spent much time on this project. I been caught up with commissions lately. The A7.3's are back upstairs in the HT -- Those small TL's have super WAF. I have FE167E's on top of the Goldwood GR1858's at the moment. This is also a good combo. It makes me wonder if doing a FAST would be equal or better.

Bob
Old 24th September 2012, 05:23 PM   #98
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brines View Post
I haven't spent much time on this project. I been caught up with commissions lately.
congrats , or should that be "careful what you wish for" ?

Quote:

The A7.3's are back upstairs in the HT -- Those small TL's have super WAF.
never a minor factor in my own calculus

Quote:

I have FE167E's on top of the Goldwood GR1858's at the moment. This is also a good combo. It makes me wonder if doing a FAST would be equal or better.

Bob
I guess one man's "FAST" is another's banquet - sorry, yet another couple of 4hr sleep nights - it takes until at least the 2nd coffee to settle down.

Yes, this certainly seems to be an easily excusable way to slip into a multi-way - and still a lot of fun if you can hide the woofers and show off

"all that sound from those little boxes?"

"yup, well... not exactly - but the important part, mostly"
Old 9th October 2012, 05:46 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

maybe it's heresy but ....... tapped horn insubnia as stands under those A7 transmission lines...ok the mind wanders but hmmm.... more ideas than money to spend on them
Old 9th October 2012, 07:20 PM   #100
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Octavia,

I got a pair of W6-1139 earlier this year for a similar concept... ended up with ported boxes for the sub, but nonetheless it was a good combination with the Alp 7.3...

Hide this!Advertise here!