Alpair 12P Gen. 2 (paper cone) - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 26th April 2012, 01:26 AM   #111
diyAudio Member

Default Shipping 12P to Madisound

Hi Guys (North America)
We are on track to send out Madisound's consignment from my factory later next week. Brian (Madisound) has asked me if we can put more 12P on the pallet. I'll do my best but we've already allocated all the stock. Hoping we can build a few more 12P over the weekend. Maybe another 8 pairs if possible.

I recommend you stay in touch with Brian, Adam and the Madisound team during later May. It will be a case of first served. Sorry about the limited supply as the demand for the 12P has taken us by surprise.

Cheers
Mark.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:53 AM   #112
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
can these go into hedlund horn? any thoughts?

anyone?
Old 26th April 2012, 11:27 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

Fire up Hornrsp or Martin's MathCAD worksheets & try it?

Offhand, I suspect it'll go in if you're willing to put in sufficient effort in fine-tuning the damping etc. A better idea though would be to design something specifically for it. You'll get a better optimised system.
Old 26th April 2012, 05:11 PM   #114
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Sorry about the limited supply as the demand for the 12P has taken us by surprise.

Cheers
Mark.

who wudda predicted that?
Old 26th April 2012, 07:53 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Add me to the list of future 12P owners. It seems strange to me to want a speaker nobody outside the company has even heard yet, but if it's even a little better than the 12, it should be one great speaker!
Old 27th April 2012, 11:16 AM   #116
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up me too - me too

Hi Mark!

In 2-3 month time I`m also on my way building Alp12P. If it is even nearly as distinct as my FonkenLike Alp10.2 - and more papersmooooth than the metallic-sound of 10.2 - IT will be hard to choose between them?

But count me in - count me in......

Best to all.

Olav
Old 27th April 2012, 11:55 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavHaal View Post
Hi Mark!

In 2-3 month time I`m also on my way building Alp12P. If it is even nearly as distinct as my FonkenLike Alp10.2 - and more papersmooooth than the metallic-sound of 10.2 - IT will be hard to choose between them?

But count me in - count me in......

Best to all.?

Olav
10.2, metallic sounding
Old 27th April 2012, 12:22 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Default hi Buzzforb.....

Yea somewhat on cd`s that are "sharp" or too much energy in the discant. Like on Eric Clapton and B.B King`s - Riding with the King and some other records. There they can sound nearly too sharp. At least on my ClassD-Amp. But maybe too revealing is the right word.
Anyway I need a new speaker-set: or my wife think the original Fonken is the prettyest speaker around.
A good excuse to get me off to the sawdust. (And to test my soon-finished amplifier build)

Best

Olav
Old 27th April 2012, 04:21 PM   #119
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavHaal View Post
Yea somewhat on cd`s that are "sharp" or too much energy in the discant. Like on Eric Clapton and B.B King`s - Riding with the King and some other records. There they can sound nearly too sharp. At least on my ClassD-Amp. But maybe too revealing is the right word.
Anyway I need a new speaker-set: or my wife think the original Fonken is the prettyest speaker around.
A good excuse to get me off to the sawdust. (And to test my soon-finished amplifier build)

Best

Olav

but not so much on other CD's, or non digital media ? yes, the combination of some SS amps that I've heard (particularly ClassT with cheap wall-wart switching power supplies) and the Alpairs (or for that matter some "F" papers) can be quickly fatiguing, regardless of recording / engineering quality.

OTOH, if the opportunity was available, I could probably listen to the 10.2 with a low power SE triode or ClassA P/P EL84 all day
Old 27th April 2012, 06:19 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

If you think the 10.2 is metallic sounding, i would argue that you hvae not heard them yet. I woould also think the 12's would be worse.

Hide this!Advertise here!