Alpair12 Bookshelf Options - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 16th March 2012, 03:49 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

So Chris would you think the CGR should be fine or should I go with the DBR? I kind of like the larger size of the DBR

To make it a bit more visual, here's what the La Scala's look like and I'm going to place the bookshelves sideways on top to keep the driver closer to ear level:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 16th March 2012, 05:20 PM   #12
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Default A12 DBR AKA Studio Reference Monitors

Here's a pic of my one - still without veneer or finish. These are my everyday speakers now.

Currently playing with a Hypex UCD 180HG amp we put together today. The Hypex is very, very good, and plays very nicely with the Alpair 12.

-Zia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A12DBR.jpg (45.5 KB, 358 views)
Old 16th March 2012, 05:25 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Here's a pic of my one - still without veneer or finish. These are my everyday speakers now.

Currently playing with a Hypex UCD 180HG amp we put together today. The Hypex is very, very good, and plays very nicely with the Alpair 12.

-Zia
Looks cool, thanks for sharing Zia!!

Scott
Old 16th March 2012, 05:38 PM   #14
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter99 View Post
To make it a bit more visual, here's what the La Scala's look like and I'm going to place the bookshelves sideways on top to keep the driver closer to ear level
How does the width of the klipsch compare to your centre?

dave
Old 16th March 2012, 05:47 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
How does the width of the klipsch compare to your centre?

dave
The Center is about 4" wider than the La Scala's. I see where you were going with that though and it would have been a good idea

Scott
Old 16th March 2012, 06:24 PM   #16
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So Chris would you think the CGR should be fine or should I go with the DBR? I kind of like the larger size of the DBR

to be honest I haven't heard either, - how about if you build both and tell us?
Old 16th March 2012, 06:29 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
If I had your skills or even some of your tools I totally would! I'll probably have to wait till I go to my parent's next time as my dad has all the tools. The garage in my townhouse just isn't big enough for everything I want

Scott
Old 16th March 2012, 06:38 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Quote:
If I had your skills or even some of your tools I totally would! I'll probably have to wait till I go to my parent's next time as my dad has all the tools. The garage in my townhouse just isn't big enough for everything I want

Scott

well to be honest, I'm not sure we've still got even a single pair of the old 12s around - although we do have at least 2 pairs of 10.2s, so I could blast those together (if actually drawn yet) - that would give us at least 4 pairs of enclosures for the 10.2

oops, I guess I just committed myself - who needs spare time when you could be building speakers?

Dave - got drawings for A10.2 DBR?
Old 16th March 2012, 06:53 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
well to be honest, I'm not sure we've still got even a single pair of the old 12s around - although we do have at least 2 pairs of 10.2s, so I could blast those together (if actually drawn yet) - that would give us at least 4 pairs of enclosures for the 10.2

oops, I guess I just committed myself - who needs spare time when you could be building speakers?

Dave - got drawings for A10.2 DBR?
Hey if you want, I can send you up my 12's if you want to try them out too? Just let me know, they won't be in commission for a while after tomorrow night until I can build a new enclosure for them.

Scott

EDIT: And I agree, spare time is for the boring Us speaker dudes/dudettes don't need no stinkin spare time!
Old 16th March 2012, 07:08 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hey if you want, I can send you up my 12's if you want to try them out too? Just let me know, they won't be in commission for a while after tomorrow night until I can build a new enclosure for them.

Scott

that's OK, keep 'em there - out of curiosity I counted speakers the other night - 8 finished pairs sitting unused in my "man-cave", plus the 5.1 HT system and another pair upstairs

BTW, not a single multi-way in the bunch

and at Dave's place - well, he'd have to be able to see them to count them, and that's often a challenge

Hide this!Advertise here!