Purpose of plastic cover rings? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 14th December 2011, 09:50 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi Jim, Chris, guys,

Being in contact and exploring these design issues with you all, is exciting and very creative. I'm hoping the experience is similar for many Diyers. Collectively, we've achieved the creation of a family of drivers that help make interesting and pleasing projects.

The process is ongoing so I much value the quality of Jim's and Chris's feedback and contributions from other members who practice the hobby.

In the past I've hinted at some of my research and development work relating to stability. I would like to reveal much more about the research and development side of my work, but doing so risks the security of my tradecraft. Sadly, I don't have the time and resources to pursue patent and design registration; And seeking redress from such protection is to costly and offers little in the way of practical support.

All the same, I'd like to give you some indication of the research that's been done on Markaudio frame and power-train design. Here's a link to an extract which illustrates some similarities to my development work entitled: "DEVELOPMENT OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL VIBRATION MEASUREMENT SYSTEM USING LASER DOPPLER VIBROMETERS", (Miyashita, Fujino et.al):

http://www.bridge.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/mo...AESE2005TM.pdf

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 14th December 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 14th December 2011, 10:00 PM   #12
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Psht, laser vibrometry?! Join us in the 21st century, pal!

Just kidding

Hide this!Advertise here!