Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 5th October 2011, 04:58 AM   #1
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Default Installing new Alpair 7.3 with super gasket

Mark,

The new Alpair 7.3s come with a super gasket that makes the driver instalation easier.

With other MA drivers I've used, the gasket was separate from the driver - for isntallation I used to glue the gasket to the baffle hole and screw on the driver. So, if I were to use the same driver in a different enclosure another set of gaskets would be good enough as there was no contact of the adhesive to the driver.

Now the super gasket is fixed to the underside of the driver frame. If any adhesive is used, then I fear it will be difficult impossible to remove the driver once installed.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have a Mar-Ken 7.3 cabinet nearly ready, which should be the home of the A7.3, but would also like to the drivers in a FH Mk3 with removable supra-baffle.

-Zia
Old 5th October 2011, 06:02 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Make sure the rebate is flat and install the driver,

The new gaskets for the CHR/CHP/CHP are sticky one side, and have cutouts so that it can be adhered to the back of the bezel.

dave
Old 5th October 2011, 07:13 AM   #3
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Dave,

Rebates are nice and flat on the Ken boxes - will try to make same for the FH Mk3 SBs.

-Zia

Hide this!Advertise here!