10.2 Enclosure - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 17th November 2011, 08:26 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Thanks Cloocino for the vented box plans. A friend of mine wants me to build a full range set for him. He hasn't decided which way to go yet. But I'm hoping it will be this one. If not, maybe I'll build a set for myself!
Old 20th November 2011, 10:41 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Question Box plans for CHP-70?

Are there similar box plans from Erich for the CHP-70?
I may be building some Alpair 10.2s for a friend but I'm also interested in the CHP (paper) for myself.
Old 23rd November 2011, 06:46 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Alpair 10MAOP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Hi Bill,
Originally a vented design from Erich in Austria. I tweaked his design to make these cabinets. I like them very much. Bass is good, driver is well damped in this box provided at least 25-mm of good damping material is used on all the internal walls.

Currently being used to test Alpair 10 MAOP drivers. Really smooooth clean sound, a very nice combo.

I can ask Erich if he's happy to share this box plan.

Thanks
Mark.
Hi Mark,

What is the Alpair 10 MAOP cone?
Advantages?
Disadvantages?
Availability?

And I see you are using it in the beautiful box by Erich.

I may be interested in doing this myself.
Old 19th May 2012, 11:10 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Hello, i´m also very interrested in this plan. Looks very nice to me. It has the maximum size for me to build! Nothing bigger! Is there a correction network needed for the Alpyir 10.2? If yes, i can´t find it. I have seen there is just a bit of acoustic foarm on each wall. Is this all i need? My favorite music: Jazz, Blues, Rock and Heavy Metal. I want: clear voices, deep room, every instrument located at it's position, --> audiophil and also good for Rock and Metal Is this loudspeaker a good choice for me? Sorry for my bad english. Best Regards Jolly Roger
Old 11th September 2012, 10:32 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default acoustic foam thickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly roger View Post
Hello, i´m also very interrested in this plan. Looks very nice to me. It has the maximum size for me to build! Nothing bigger! Is there a correction network needed for the Alpyir 10.2? If yes, i can´t find it. I have seen there is just a bit of acoustic foarm on each wall. Is this all i need? My favorite music: Jazz, Blues, Rock and Heavy Metal. I want: clear voices, deep room, every instrument located at it's position, --> audiophil and also good for Rock and Metal Is this loudspeaker a good choice for me? Sorry for my bad english. Best Regards Jolly Roger
Hello!
What's the recommended thickness of the acoustic foam for this box?
Thanks
Adel
Old 11th September 2012, 08:29 PM   #26
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsmd793 View Post
Hello!
What's the recommended thickness of the acoustic foam for this box?
Thanks
Adel

edit:
apologies for the messy edit to this post

on further review of this thread, the questions seem to relates to Erich's vented enclosures, the drawing of which are attached to an earlier post by Mark.

10.2 Enclosure

by scaling the representation of foam to height of slot port, I'd guess at nominally 1/2" pleated foam.

While folks who've heard these may be quite happy with the results, I think a lot of builders (myself included) would generally recommend against using foam, and suggest instead felted cotton or rockwool, fiberglass etc, for wall lining and/or stuffing/ fill.

and yes, I know many well respected commercial manufactures use foam in their enclosures - I've owned many pairs myself.

Last edited by chrisb; 11th September 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12th September 2012, 07:37 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary the Grey View Post
Hi Mark,
What is the Alpair 10 MAOP cone?
Advantages?
Disadvantages?
Availability?
And I see you are using it in the beautiful box by Erich.
I may be interested in doing this myself.
Hi Gary (guys),
Just taking a break in between assembling more MAOP. Very hot here in ShenZhen (over 30 degrees C). I recommend you do a search on the forum as there's allot of info and comment around.

Advantages:
Individually assembled by senior audio engineers (not kiddies on a production line) fully anechoic tested and pair matched. The MAOP substrate conversion process offers moderate linear damping. Anyone looking to tame compressed source recordings might wish to take advantage. Read Scott's evaluation (post 158).

Alpair 10 Gen. MAOP Prototype TW-1

Disadvantages.
Time and cost. MAOP drivers aint cheap. They take allot of time, money and effort to make.

Availability
For Japan, contact Norio Nakajima san: nakajima@fidelitatem-sound.com
For Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand contact Neo Kim Thye: neokimthye@yahoo.com
Rest of the world is me: support@markaudio.com

Back to the workbench I must go.

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 12th September 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 13th September 2012, 02:15 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
edit:
apologies for the messy edit to this post

on further review of this thread, the questions seem to relates to Erich's vented enclosures, the drawing of which are attached to an earlier post by Mark.

10.2 Enclosure

by scaling the representation of foam to height of slot port, I'd guess at nominally 1/2" pleated foam.

While folks who've heard these may be quite happy with the results, I think a lot of builders (myself included) would generally recommend against using foam, and suggest instead felted cotton or rockwool, fiberglass etc, for wall lining and/or stuffing/ fill.

and yes, I know many well respected commercial manufactures use foam in their enclosures - I've owned many pairs myself.
Thanks chrisb!
Another question, will the Alpair 10.2 work in this enclosure or it's solely for the MAOP?
Cheers,
Adel
Old 13th September 2012, 05:47 AM   #29
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsmd793 View Post
Thanks chrisb!
Another question, will the Alpair 10.2 work in this enclosure or it's solely for the MAOP?
Cheers,
Adel

that's probably a question for someone more expert at deciphering the delicacies of TS parameters - but my intuition is that the MAOP wouldn't be all that much of a departure from the standard Alpair10; of the several enclosures in which I've heard the latter, something like the Pensil or Brines' MLTL would be my bet for bang for the buck. You'll get more extended and dynamic bass response than stand mounted "monitors", with the added benefit of not requiring stands - a decent pair of which can easily cost more to buy or build than the stock drivers themselves.
Old 2nd March 2014, 05:54 PM   #30
nirvana is offline nirvana  Canada
diyAudio Member

If I wanted to put 10p in Alpair bookshelf speakers Erich hartmann, what should be the length of the port ?
sorry for my english.... google translate.

Hide this!Advertise here!